Forums Latest Members

Blue side of the Moon Aventurine

1. Slowpoker Oct 13, 2018

Hello everyone,

I had been searching up about the BSOTM and I noticed that there was an aventurine version that was revealed at Baselworld this year. I think it looks really beautiful with the Sedna gold and Aventurine.

Did anyone have any information as to its availability or possibly just want to share their opinion on it?
    Omega-Moonwatch-Blue-Ceramic-Aventurine.013.jpg
    Credit to Fratello watches for the photo, as well as a link to their article about the watch: https://www.fratellowatches.com/speedmaster-moonphase-blue-side-of-the-moon-aventurine-dial/

Soshul, Nathan1967 and EatMan like this.
  2. rominvicta Oct 14, 2018

Beautiful watch indeed. Strange unveil of this awesome piece. Quite unnoticed and as if between everything else. Still it is not present on the webpage of Omega as well.

3. verithingeoff Oct 14, 2018

What a stunning watch, what's the case made of?[​IMG]

4. verithingeoff Oct 14, 2018

5. rominvicta Oct 14, 2018

Foo2rama likes this.
  6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Oct 14, 2018

7. verithingeoff Oct 14, 2018

Thanks for the correction[​IMG]

8. Stufflers Mom Oct 14, 2018

Is it me or is there some dust on the dial?:)

pianomankd likes this.
  9. Slowpoker Oct 14, 2018

Ah yes, I'm starting to wonder about what's going on with half of Omega's watches that they showcased at Basel, since the Seamaster is out, but the Apollo 8 and this one aren't.

I think I'm going to make a call to a boutique or AD. It's such a beautiful watch I'm struggling to choose to wait for it or just buy a grey side meteorite.

10. nonono Oct 14, 2018

didnt know this model existed, but now that i see it, i think its a very pretty watch. The moon in the moonphase is gorgeous. I can imagine it'll look even better in person with the aventurine dial. I've been considering the older 31130443201001 for quite a while now, but now that i've seen this...its back to the drawing board i guess

11. Slowpoker Oct 14, 2018

Exactly my point, not many people know of its existence even though it was presented at Baselworld this year. I'm just really hoping that they haven't scrapped this model.

I really like the moonphase as well as the Sedna furniture, the blue ceramic, aventurine and Sedna gold just blend into such a stunning combination. Easily one of the best looking watches Omega has made in my opinion.

nonono likes this.
  12. nonono Oct 14, 2018

Agreed. This one has soo many great design elements packed into one watch. I think its really cool. The determining factor would have to be price though. As long as its not too crazy a price, i'd definitely be in the market for one. Considering the japan 2020 line, the new dsotm, The ultraman and now this one, Omega has released some pretty bad ass pieces this year.

13. Slowpoker Oct 14, 2018

Fratello stated on their article the price would be around £10,000 or so, converted from Swiss francs so it's the same as the Meteorite.

Omega have shown off a lot of watches, but who knows how long it'll take their bad asses to release all of the watches. Honestly though Omega make such stunning watches.

14. nonono Oct 14, 2018

wow 10000pounds. Gonna have to skip meals for a while to be able to save up for that one.

15. Slowpoker Oct 14, 2018

I'm sure it'll discount like the other moonwatches, think you can find a blue side for the low low price of £5-6k down from £9k or so I believe.

16. nonono Oct 14, 2018

Now that's more like it. But it's anyone's guess as to when they'll be available too right? Omegas production facility has to be on overcapacity, considering how many new and desirable pieces were launched this year.

17. Slowpoker Oct 14, 2018

Indeed, I read on the Apollo 8 thread that that new dark side is going to be available Fedbruary 2019 at the earliest. So that's a real bummer.

I'm hoping the aventurine can come a little earlier but it's really anyone's guess. I'll just call up an AD or the OB and ask about it. If I get anything useful I'll post It here.

18. nonono Oct 14, 2018

Haha I think we got our info from the same thread. Any additional information would be super helpful and greatly appreciated! But in the meantime, my strategy would be the same, in that I'm going to call every single OB, or AD I possibly can to annoy them into taking my order
    ::stirthepot::

19. Slowpoker Oct 14, 2018

Update:

I managed to get some information from the Omega Boutique in Bond Street.

They were confused at first, mistaking the watch I'm after for the regular blue side but then after a short hold they got what I was after.

It'll be released sometime this year, so I stuck my name down and it looks like I'll be buying it rather than the Meteorite I suppose.

Price: £10,150 with Deployant.

Edited Oct 14, 2018
    FYPM likes this.
  20. Soshul Nov 20, 2018

I fell in love with this watch - see https://www.fratellowatches.com/speedmaster-moonphase-blue-side-of-the-moon-aventurine-dial/
    My OB says it is a darker blue than the currently available blue ceramic - that said I doubt that they've seen one.

Anyway they just took my pre-order:
    The model is 304.93.44.52.03.002