Forums Latest Members

SOLD Blue Aquastar '63 (1701) - DROP TO 750USD

1. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Nov 7, 2019

Respectable OF members who don't bump daily:D

Collections are ever-liquid things... Some pieces come in and others have to go out to make some space and free up some cash to buy the next ones.

Today I'm selling an Aquastar '63 (1701) diver. I will not detail the watch's history at length because, frankly, I don't know the model that well and I will kindly point you to that article on FW from a couple of years ago that details much better than I could do the (serious) diving credentials of the brand and the 63's in particular.

https://www.fratellowatches.com/aquastar-63-diver/

I just spotted one about a year ago on ebay while I was vulnerable, and I thought the dial looked amazing - because it actually IS amazing! - and I clicked the dreaded BiN button. When the watch arrived, it didn't disappoint: The overal soleillage is insane, and the contrast with the homogeneously patinated indices just pops like crazy. It's a true little wonder that is remarkably well preserved :) If the case has been polished, it has been done remarkably well. The case is only showing minor wear signs and hairlines with sharp edges and a nice side brushing. The caseback is superb, no idiot marks for once and that's great because the design rocks!

The Nato that is on the pictures will be sold with the watch as the perfect chromatic companion.

The watch functions properly, the crown tuns the inner bezel like it should - however the overall mechanism, be it the bezel, the adjustment, or winding does feel a bit "dry", so a service would be a good idea if you are going to wear it often.

Specs:
    Case size: 37.5mm ex. crown
    Crystal: Plexi
    Caliber: 1700/01, automatic, can be manually wound, date
    Crown: Signed
    Lug width: 19mm
    Bracelet: 19mm bi-color Nato that has seen 5ds of use max and fits perfect.
    To note: When winding the watch the inner divers bezel rotates along. This winding feature was intended.

I would like to get 700USD/700CHF/640EUR/540GBP (other currencies available upon request) including fully insured shipping from Switzerland to Western Europe, paid to my bank account, net to me. I use both Transferwise and Revolut (big up to @eugeneandresson here :D) to save you on fees, so it mostly just looks like a “local” wire regardless of where you are in the world and is as smooth as silk a banking experience as you can get (US buyers, I'm looking at you here...). If you are in other parts of the world, let's talk about how to get it to you, I'm sure we can find a smart way ;) If you are in the Lemanic area, then I’d be glad to give you a CHF50 discount, meet you in person, hand it over to you, and the beer is on me . I am primarily looking for cash, no trades for now please.

This is a medium price for a '63 - and given the condition vs. the ones that are currently listed for sale around the planet, I think this is one of the better deal ones ;)

Sales Terms: (inspired by Spacefruit's)
    I only sell to bring some new pieces to my collection. I am not motivated by profit and so I have no reason to embellish or over describe, but I am not bothered by an uplift. I have (mostly) bought and sold (some) watches on www.OmegaForums.net and you can find my references by searching my username. I have met some omegaforums members in person in the Lemanic area as well as in Biel and Milan a few times, and I hope I made a good impression on them. I am not a watch dealer, I make my money elsewhere, watches are my pleasure, but I’m not a philanthropist either. I am not in the least offended by offers, as long as you aren't desperetely lowballing me - If you are, I will just ignore you ;)

Returns:
    I have done my best to provide as much info as I could. I will happily answer all your questions before the sale, and snap more pictures for you. I will not take returns for this watch unless you consider it is grossly misrepresented and you are willing to have a discussion about it all, openly, on omegaforums, i.e. not by PM but into the limelight, as I value my fellow OF members opinions. I am opinionated, but not stubborn [​IMG]

Payment:
    Payment by Bank Transfer only. Paypal are a bunch of thieves. I will never, ever use them again, they are expensive and their protection level as a seller and/or a buyer when one is facing an experienced scumbag is nil. No more paypal for me, period. Face to face delivery is always welcome in the Lemanic area.

Thank you OF for the space!
    Paul

IMG_20191107_142255718.jpg IMG_20191107_141641871.jpg IMG_20191107_141623894.jpg IMG_20191107_141220783.jpg IMG_20191107_141155421.jpg
    IMG_20190329_072522251_HDR.jpg

Edited Feb 10, 2020
  2. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Nov 8, 2019

posting+1 bump :)

3. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Nov 11, 2019

Monday bump :cool:

4. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Nov 18, 2019

Monday bump with a sunny shot (rare thing these days :D) !

Offers Welcome :thumbsup:

IMG_20191118_140117465_HDR.jpg

Edited Nov 18, 2019
  5. TimtimeIntl Nov 18, 2019

What a cool watch. I had not heard of them. The factory case wrench must look distinctive. Tim

6. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Nov 27, 2019

Bump - and 20% price drop to 800USD/800CHF/725EUR/625GBP net to me. After a few days it will go to ebay otherwise...

thanks!
    Paul

IMG_20191118_135846342_HDR.jpg

Gas 73 likes this.
  7. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Dec 28, 2019

Been too lazy and too busy to revive my eBay account :D

Bump!

(Can't believe it's been a month already:eek:)

8. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Jan 21, 2020

Almost a month... Anyone? :)

9. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Feb 10, 2020

PRICE DROP TO 750USD

Blame my laziness to put this to ebay and get yourself a deal!

(c'mon guys... this is a lot of watch for the money...)

Edited Apr 9, 2020
    Foo2rama likes this.
  10. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Feb 15, 2020

Bump :)

[​IMG]

11. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Mar 24, 2020

Folks, indulge yourselves with this cool, blue, poppy thing that will make confinement less of a burden to bear as you gaze into its dial!

Gas 73 likes this.
  12. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Jul 8, 2020

Bump... summer is coming... that's a lot of watch for $750 folks...

EDIT - NOW SOLD.

Thank you OF and dear buyer from one of my favourite US States :thumbsup:

Edited Jul 21, 2020
    gmb80 likes this.