Forums Latest Members
  1. chipsotoole Nov 14, 2016

watch.jpg
    Dear Omegoids,
    I'm slightly puzzled about this one perhaps you can help.
    Ok, so I decided on getting myself an early Christmas present...I know the dial is not in a particularly great state or desirable as far as the cal goes, But I collect them to wear them, I love the big size and am a sucker for the blue even if the, ahem , patina is a little rusty and worse for wear! It'll go so well beside my Chronostop. I got it for a touch under 200 Euros , and is it currently working (arrives next week). As far as I was lead to believe, this item (from a watchmakers estate they say..how often have we heard that?!!!) is a cal 1012 from around the early to mid 70's. It all looks to be original , though I haven't had the chance for a thorough inspection. But why I'm so intrigued is the dial. I know this watch series was available in three colours including blue, but the dial with its "sport" mini markers between the seconds appears to be similar to a chronostop dial or that era. Is it original to this ST 366.0842 series. I've searched and searched through heaps of images and haven't found one similar. I'm pretty sure its not a redial..lol, its unlikely to have been a replacement in that state...perhaps a custom job back in the day?
    Thoughts and comments welcome..

2. Willem023 Nov 14, 2016

This might help: sometimes works best if you stretch the search somewhat.
    Took me less than 3 mins to google 'Omega cal 1020 Seamaster'.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OMEGA-SEAMA...1020-BLUE-DIAL-DRESS-MENS-WATCH-/282253139230Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

BTW: the cal 1020 seems to be the day and date.

Good hunting!

Edit: an other one on 'Omega seamaster 1012'. The 4th hit.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=omega 1020 seamaster&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj5vOTu-KjQAhWj6oMKHd74DmoQsAQIHg&biw=1356&bih=804#tbm=isch&q=omega 1012 seamaster&imgrc=N9vzYP_poNKagM:

3. chipsotoole Nov 14, 2016

Brilliant thanks! You had more luck than me..perhaps I should have googled more generally..narrowing it down to around 1974. Appreciate your help.