Forums Latest Members

BLATANTLY DISHONEST Seller from Germany BEWARE

1. WatchVaultNYC Sep 14, 2017

This is a story of a seller in Germany who TWICE lied to me. Surprising as he has literally THOUSANDS of positive feedback with a total of 99.6% positive

First incident:
    I bought a GMT Master bezel insert on Ebay from this guy. He told me there was a delay because he was on vacation. But he never shipped the item. I got back to him weeks later asking where it was (you would have at least thought that he would contact me and refund my money, instead of keeping it and sending me nothing yes?). He claimed that there was microscopic damage do it which was why he could not send it to me. I asked him, well maybe it's not so bad, send me a pic and if it's not too bad I'll still accept it. He THEN claimed that it was already sold and could not deliver. I responded with a very accurate, dispassionate, NEGATIVE feedback on his account:

"Seller made me wait for weeks then said item as pictured was not available"

Seller then blasted me with a message saying that I am ruining his business (for telling the truth?). He then appealed the feedback on Ebay, which of course went nowhere. The then appealed to me to reverse the feedback. I told him that "all I want are my bezels". If he sends me bezels that are as nice as the ones he said he was going to send me, I'll gladly reverse the feedback

Second incident:
    And this is where I got pissed off about his dishonesty.

Seller then claimed that he had 2 GMT Master bezels, pick 1. I offered to buy the whole lot. I paid him via Paypal (first asking me to pay via "Friends and Family" but I wanted seller protection so paid the regular way - GLAD I DID THIS) and he then claimed it was shipped. After a few weeks after I had to ask, he gave me a DHL tracking number. And after a few weeks after that I asked about my bezels. He claimed that they were delivered. Tracking said it was not. I then OF COURSE opened a Paypal dispute, and it went like this:

• 9/9/2017 11:34 PDT - PayPal: Seller escalated this dispute to a Claim.
    • 9/9/2017 11:34 PDT - Seller: This is the 2nd time this buyer wants to scam me.1st case was decided in my favour as I provided all details as needed.For this case now I sent the buyer a lot of information. 1st I provided him with the shipping number of DHL which is 538142008365 as well as the direct link to the delivery which is https://nolp.dhl.de/nextt-online-public/de/search?piececode=538142008365. I will attach also the copies of the status as of today to prove the delivery. I ask now to close this case immediately and unblock my money. Thanks
    • 9/9/2017 11:31 PDT - Seller: This is the 2nd time this buyer wants to scam me.1st case was decided in my favour as I provided all details as needed.For this case now I sent the buyer a lot of information. 1st I provided him with the shipping number of DHL which is 538142008365 as well as the direct link to the delivery which is https://nolp.dhl.de/nextt-online-public/de/search?piececode=538142008365. I will attach also the copies of the status as of today to prove the delivery. I ask now to close this case immediately and unblock my money. Thanks
    • 9/9/2017 10:15 PDT - Buyer: Hi I bought several Rolex bezels from you. its been more than 1 month with no goods and no tracking. Since you previously did not deliver goods from a previous Ebay transaction, I am starting to think that you are a scammer.
    Seller now LIES to Paypal, multiple lies in a single message! Just to make it easy for you:
    - seller says the bezels were delivered and provides tracking.. but the tracking number itself shows that package is still not delivered! I mean, you can just follow the link and prove the lie!
    - seller says that I tried to scam him twice, when it was he who did not deliver twice! Flies in the face of logic! I got 2 non-deliveries from him and I am of course the scammer? I provided Paypal with the Ebay transaction number. I mean, you can just check this out to see if he was lying right?
    - And FINALLY claims that my Ebay case was decided in his favor? Another lie!

I of course explained this all to Paypal. For the simple fact that tracking shows non-delivery this will be resolved in my favor. BUT..

What makes this so irritating is how blatant the lies are, not even hiding behind half truths or lying but not saying anything. BLATANT. DECLARATIVE. LIES. Like claiming, unasked, that the sun comes up at night.

I mean, I gave the guy 2 CHANCES, benefit of the doubt right? But still he wants to go ahead and be dishonest

Edited Sep 14, 2017
    mikechi22 likes this.
  2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 14, 2017

Alternate facts are the thing these days...

mikechi22, George.A, Fritz and 5 others like this.
  3. Toishome Sep 14, 2017

Will you be sharing his name?

4. wkimmd Sep 14, 2017

I know that we don't necessarily want to "out" people, depending on the scenario...but in this case I think you would be right to do so...

5. WatchVaultNYC Sep 14, 2017

I want to know what happens to my 2nd package first before I "out" if necessary.

Foo2rama likes this.
  6. gdupree Sep 14, 2017

Respectable. But even so I might venture to say that this seller is worth avoiding regardless of if get your bezels. For that we would appreciate knowing who this seller is.

Edited Mar 27, 2018
    watchme likes this.
  7. Mozziebite Sep 14, 2017

Name and shame. Scammers will keep scamming until doing so becomes de rigeur.

8. spiralkladd Sep 14, 2017

Unfortunately, it is the name of the business...

9. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Sep 14, 2017

I know its difficult to get over this hurdle but NAME and SHAME. "Fool me once...Shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me...."

alam, George.A and Mozziebite like this.
  10. Euxinus Sep 14, 2017

It goes "Fool me once, shame on you. You fooled me, you cant fool me again"

Toishome, Mozziebite, Archer and 3 others like this.
  11. Riviera Paradise Sep 14, 2017

Wow, just goes to show that you can't even trust 99.6% positive feedback ratings. I suspect that there might be some dark web hack / application to increase ratings on online commerce platforms.

12. ICONO Sep 14, 2017

You do not need to disclose his name……30 seconds research does it

Personally, I would not touch him with a barge pole…very strange assortment of items ???

Good luck, gaining satisfaction

13. Timmert Sep 14, 2017

I can't imagine how these people get any satisfaction out of their lives like this.
    Short term, maybe the thrill or satisfaction of pulling off their con, but it's gotta chew at them at some point, right..?

14. Mozziebite Sep 14, 2017

Hmm. Think you may be over-estimating the morality of arseholes.

15. alam Sep 14, 2017

IMO, that was your second mistake; I would have never gone there again after the first incident....

WatchVaultNYC likes this.
  16. WatchVaultNYC Sep 14, 2017

I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe it was true that he did not notice a significant defect in the bezel. I did get my money back in that circumstance. People are not perfect and mistakes happen, right?

In this circumstance, not only did he LIE about the package being delivered - his own tracking number says it has not been, not only did he LIE about losing the previous Ebay dispute, he turns around and claims that I was the scammer - the guy who did not receive 2 things I bought from him. This time around, there is no room for giving this scam seller the benefit of the doubt. No room for "maybe he.." Its a series of blatant BALD-FACED LIES, no possible excuse or alternate explanation for it.

17. WatchVaultNYC Sep 14, 2017

So last update for today. Paypal is crediting me for the amount of the non-delivered bezels.

I am made whole (money back, but no bezels), but just to push this point - the seller:

LIED about the package being delivered, both to me and to Paypal (dang it just check the tracking number he himself provided)
    LIED about winning a dispute against me on eBay, for another non-delivered item and LIED to Paypal by trying to turn the tables and instead claim that I, with no delivered bezels, was trying to scam him - both clearly in an attempt to fraudulently win the Paypal case

I would rather send my money to a Nigerian prince than to this seller

Oh BTW, a wrinkle on "proof of delivery" from Germany (and likely other European countries) shipped to the USA - Paypal does not REQUIRE proof of delivery, only proof of shipment (for under $750), which means a German scammer can swap your vintage $749 Seiko with a ham sandwich, and never deliver to your address and they have Paypal Seller Protection. In my case, Paypal credited my account, but also did not pull money from the scam seller's account - free money at Paypal's expense (as well as my high blood pressure). This is a big loophole.

Another new scam on both Paypal and Amazon marketplace is the "zip code loophole" where an alternate worthless item is sent to a different address (With the same zip code), and scam seller uses it as proof of delivery, as PAYPAL ONLY USES THE ZIP CODE TO PROVE AN ITEM IS DELIVERED

Here is the actual text on YOUR Paypal user agreement:

"Proof of delivery means:

• For transactions that total less than $750 U.S. dollars (or the foreign currency threshold in the table below), confirmation that can be viewed online and includes the delivery address showing at least city/state or zip code, delivery date, and the identity of the shipping company you used."
    And here's a recent example of this scam in use:

https://petapixel.com/2017/08/11/fell-victim-1500-used-camera-lens-scam-amazon/

So in the example above, buyer buys a camera, scam seller sends baking supplies to another house in the same zip code, and then buyer loses "A-Z" claim as they only check the zip code (not the full address) .for proof of delivery.

It even made the news:
    http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...very-scam-can-make-customer-claims-difficult/

Scammers getting more sophisticated these days. Buy watches from only those you trust.

Edited Sep 14, 2017
    alam and mr_yossarian like this.
  18. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Sep 14, 2017

These e-commerce companies need to stay on top of both buying and selling scammers, otherwise their business models will quickly dissolve.

It's all based on trust, and if you can't trust these companies to have your back in a dispute, then why bother?

Could that be why Amazon is investing very heavily in "bricks and mortar" retailers like Whole Foods.

It might be "Back to the Future" time folks!
    gatorcpa