Forums Latest Members

Blancpain fifty fathoms - too large?

1. NGO1 Aug 14, 2022

It’s a quirk that is a feature.
    It animated the dial quite a bit. As I lift up my arm to read the time, indices appear and disappear depending the lift angle.

AP uses double sapphire crystal, cut to specific angles to control this parallax, to animate their CODE 11:59.

B6BA43FE-ACFB-4671-86D0-AEC5404701B0.jpeg
    Edited Aug 14, 2022
    Timetosell, mswilks, McKnife and 4 others like this.
  2. Walrus Aug 14, 2022

Oh yes, dare I say perfection

3. johnireland Sep 2, 2022

Will it be used as a real dive watch, or just a watch you will wear because you love the look of it? Either answer is fine. I've been wed to 36mm watches for many many decades. And this past week I broke my thickness rule and my case size rule. The reverso is large compared to the classic model...and thick compared to my other watches. And the new Master Control is nicely thin and flat, but 40mm in diameter. And both are so beautiful to my eyes I am very happy with them on my wrists. The Master has made the Reverso seem normal. And the Reverso gives the Control lightness to the eye. Right now I've got the Control on my left wrist and the Reverso on my right. Possibly a little eccentric, but I'm at home and enjoying myself...hope you are feeling that way with your watch.

4. guppydriver Sep 7, 2022

The FF was always the premium diver I envisioned buying. The history is amazing, and that IS a dive watch. I have bigger wrists at 7.25, so it sits slightly better on my wrist, but it is definitely large.

I say was because I went into Bucherer's on a layover in NYC to look at the FF. While there, I was mesmerized by a GO SeaQ panodate. Holding them side by side, I actually preferred the SeaQ and think that is now what I will look to save for.

vibe likes this.
  5. LGW - US Oct 6, 2022

It's about how u feel, its looks ok .

6. GuiltunderGlass Oct 6, 2022

For my money, this is the answer @ 40mm, no question and there's a handful on Chrono ATM:
    [​IMG]

Another option, but not as cool, but at least there is no date and 38mm is a great size for smaller wrists:
    [​IMG]

There is always this one too, also 38mm:
    [​IMG]

A little different, but a very cool watch in 36mm, but not a diver:
    [​IMG]

Also, another vote for too big on the OP, but as someone else mentioned, its really what is comfortable for you and not what ppl on a forum think.

StudebakerHawk likes this.
  7. Aludic @SpeedyBirthYear Oct 7, 2022

Another slightly smaller alternative; the No Rad?

722BDA1D-0BCA-46EE-BC5E-89B56F458930.jpeg

8. spacemission Oct 7, 2022

Your first diver should be a fifty fathoms or sea wolf ;)

9. nkhandekar Feb 10, 2023

I used to be worried about watches being too large, as I wore a 34mm Seamaster de Ville for a dozen years and everything seemed big after that. But when I got down to it, if the lug to lug is the same or less than the top width of my wrist (ie no lug over-hang), then I can wear it. To my eye the mirror shot of the fifty fathoms looks great.

10. frasatriani Feb 17, 2023

To my humble opinion it is. But is subjective. You should consider how do you feel it and how do you see yourself with it! I have a small wrist but love also to have 44mm watches. Doesn't look good? i don't care. it's my call!

StudebakerHawk likes this.
  11. chronolux Feb 28, 2023

It looks fine in your mirror shot.

12. Sluggo Feb 28, 2023

Shoot, who cares what we think? But you're asking. Is it comfortable? Do you like seeing it there? If your answers are yes & yes...again who cares what anyone else thinks.