Forums Latest Members

Blancpain Fifty Fathoms Barakuda Limited Edition

1. cvalue13 Jan 6, 2021

Do any members own one?

If so, I wonder if you might share any short list of things liked most but also things wished different?

for clarity, I’m asking after the re-edition, but will NOT object to anyone sharing photos of vintage :unsure:

2. Wetworks Jan 9, 2021

I'm sure you've seen all the reviews, but here's a nice, short one with a terrific in your face pic at the beginning! Personally, I think it's a terrific re-edition, except I feel that maybe going with a cream surround for the date may have been a better choice; the white REALLY makes the date window standout.

https://wristreview.com/introducing-the-blancpain-fifty-fathoms-barakuda-watch/

cvalue13 likes this.
  3. cvalue13 Oct 20, 2021

Bump in case

4. Caliber561 Oct 20, 2021

If BP can resist the urge to turn the side of the Fifty Fathoms into a billboard, I'll consider picking one up.

cvalue13 likes this.
  5. Walrus Oct 20, 2021

I find these watches stunning. I just missed out negotiating on a seiko bullhead as this crypto pump has me busy. Now I’m not crying poor but I’m not at the level where I can dabble in this price range of these watches. As I was dealing with the bullhead I got this wish I could deal with these things but I would have to devote to big a piece of my pie to it and we must, or should, know our place and what makes sense. Anyway if I could get one of these I think it’s a darn near perfect watch. Looks beautiful. I’m not complaining about the money thing just explaining. I’m in a much better place than I was just a few years ago and overall I probably should be living in a cardboard box so yes if you can swing this go ahead so some of us may live vicariously through you.

cvalue13 likes this.
  6. cvalue13 Oct 20, 2021

thank you for the intel, and photos!

It’s the next best thing to getting to handle the watch, which I suspect I’ll need to do before being serious

NGO1 likes this.
  7. NGO1 Oct 20, 2021

Good luck with your hunt.
    If you are in the Bay Area you can check out mine.
    It’s becoming more difficult to find one in the US.

cvalue13 likes this.
  8. cvalue13 Oct 20, 2021

Down in Texas for the foreseeable :( but I appreciate the offer