Forums Latest Members
  1. all-x Feb 7, 2019

Hello,

Does anybody know if you can still get the Blake sword hands new?

If so, can you get the from Ofrei? What is the part number for them?

Thanks

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 7, 2019

For what specific model? There are differences...

3. all-x Feb 7, 2019

sorry, automatic , the 41mm one, so say 2255.80 or 2054.50

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 7, 2019

Hour and minute hands are 065PZ4136 , seconds hand is 066PZ4094.

However I just want to say that not all these hands are the same, even if you look at full sized mechanical Cal. 1120 watches only. For example, the hands on the 2254500 are different than the 22328000 - note the difference in lume colour:

[​IMG]

So you have to be very careful in generalizing what you want too much. Being very specific with the model you want the hands for is the best way to go, as the differences are not always apparent until you have the wrong parts in your hands.

Cheers, Al

Als 27, AntonisCy and all-x like this.
  5. all-x Feb 7, 2019

Many thanks for your reply Al.

I'm sorry to say that even after I increase the brightness on the phone to max I couldn't tell there's a difference in colour.

As you have handled probably countless versions, how would you say the titanium Seamaster hands differs from the regular one ? And is the difference only between the titanium and steel or between steel black and steel blue?

Are some hands less green but still as potent once charged ?

Thanks,

Alex

6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 7, 2019

Increasing the brightness will wash out the colour difference, so darkening it would bring it out a bit more, as would viewing it on a larger screen.

The difference would stick out like a sore thumb if you put the more yellow hands on a watch with a whiter lume on the dial markers, or the other way around.

Again, just be more specific with the model you want the hands from, because they are not all the same.

Cheers, Al

7. padders Oooo subtitles! Feb 8, 2019

I commented about on this variation in SMP lume recently when I got my Great White. It is apparent that on that model much whiter lume was used than on others such as the black dial GMT or 2254. I had previously noticed that some SMPs had lume that looked yellower or greener than others but had assumed it was normal variation, I hadn’t realised there actually was a difference in some models. I wonder why they saw fit to change the shade used for a titanium model, aesthetics presumably or perhaps to differentiate it further from the steel cased versions. Is it in fact the finish of the metal surround on the titanium hands which differs, are they matt vs the polished of the 2254/5, rather than the lume colour? I too struggle to see a colour difference above.

2265 vs Great White (apologies for the poor fitting strap) , note how green the 3 hander looks:
    ED463F35-D8A0-47AA-8F6D-B76CC02710B2.jpeg

Edited Feb 8, 2019
    Tet, tikkathree and Wetworks like this.
  8. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 8, 2019

No not just normal variation. The 22545000 hands are the part number I gave above so H/M hands are 065PZ4136, seconds hand is 066PZ4094.

For the 22328000 the H/M are 065PZ4075 , and the seconds hand is 066PZ4094. So asking for part numbers for "Blake" hands as the OP did isn't enough - specific reference numbers are needed to answer the question.

The hands I've given above are the same length, shape, finish (both polished), etc. - only difference is lume colour. Again to generalize for all titanium hands is not something I would do and assume they are all the same. I haven't checked every hand set for every SMP with these hands, but there are other variations as well that I know of, so you can clearly see that the great white hands are painted black on the edges, and others have matte finish, etc.

There are several different variations in these "Blake" hands (some very obvious, some not), so again my point is you can't lump them all together.

Cheers, Al

Als 27 and padders like this.
  9. artorias Feb 11, 2020

So in the photo you posted, which is which?

Is the top minute hand the 22545000 and the bottom one the 22328000?

what is the lume colour difference as to me they look the same in the photo?

10. AntonisCy Feb 12, 2020

I can see the lume color difference on Archer's photo with my Desktop monitor... Top is greenish and bottom more blueish/white.

11. artorias Feb 12, 2020

thanks, now that you mention it the top one is greener than the bottom.

The only question remains which minute hand belongs to which reference