Forums Latest Members
  1. Mario89 May 6, 2016

Received my 20mm Black & Grey NATO strap from Timefactors today. Waiting for the tool to arrive for the spring bars, will hopefully get that tomorrow.

I was looking at the genuine Omega NATO of the same design and style, but read that these Timefactor NATO straps are good at a fraction of the price.

I may end up getting the genuine Omega NATO in the future, will see how i get on with this one first, always used SS bracelets so it's going to be quite different.

Anybody else using a NATO strap from Timefactors?

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

2. Spy You know my name. May 6, 2016

I have two OMEGA Nato's in the black and grey and I am highly pleased with the superlative quality and strength. The only other straps I have are three "Goldfinger" straps. Those three are better quality than others I have bought in the past, but even they pale in comparison to OMEGA's Nato straps. You have a really nice watch so get a really nice strap. Trust me.

Mario89 likes this.
  3. Mario89 May 6, 2016

I have no doubt the Omega NATO straps are superior, but i didn't want to spend £140 on one incase i don't like how the watch feels on my wrist with this type of strap so i bought the next best thing in terms of NATO straps. If i like how it looks and feels i will go for a proper Omega one :)

4. yinzerniner May 6, 2016

@Mario89 unfortunately you were either misled or you misinterpreted the comparisons.
    The Nato you show in your pics looks like it's from the Timefactors Nato/G10 line. The fit and finish on these is nice but nowhere near the style and/or quality of the OEM Omega Nylon Natos.
    The Timefactors Nato in your pics shows a much thicker/rougher weave and simple stamped hardware. Compare that to the Omega Nato, which has milled hardware and a tighter/smoother weave:
    [​IMG]

Only the newly released De-Luxe Natos from Timefactors are comparable to the Omega Natos. The De-Luxe Natos are weaved in a similar matter to the Omega (softer material, tighter weave) and come with upgraded hardware. See pic here (not mine):
    [​IMG]
    Unfortunately the designs are very limited for the De-Luxe Natos at this moment.

The strap you purchased still looks very nice and high quality and should suit your needs, but you can't compare it to the Omega model.

Best bet is go to an AD or OB and compare your strap side to side to gauge the difference.

Spy likes this.
  5. Mario89 May 6, 2016

Thanks for the info. I know it isn't really comparable to a proper Omega NATO, but they are described as being good quality by many happy owners and will suit my needs for now. I wanted to see how these types of strap feel and look before buying an Omega one :) I would hate to spend £140 on an Omega NATO and find that i don't like it..

6. Spy You know my name. May 6, 2016

Try your NATO out for a while and then examine one from an OMEGA boutique. Prediction: the first words to come out of your mouth will be "Wow!"

Mario89 likes this.
  7. Temiyasen May 6, 2016

FYI for my NATO under USD 20 which very comfortable and durable one

image.jpg
    Mario89 likes this.
  8. Mario89 May 6, 2016

Looks nice. Looking forward to trying mine :)

9. immustard A condiment that loves to chive to thyme songs May 6, 2016

Here's my Bond NATO on my breitling, only a cheap one from 'watch obsession' here in the uk, but very comfortable. 20160419_135923.jpg

Mario89 likes this.
  10. Mario89 May 6, 2016

Looks great, i will update with pictures as soon as i have put it on. I will miss my SS bracelet though, i think it's one of the nicest on any watch.

11. chich May 7, 2016

That deluxe TimeFactors NATO is really good - haven't compared it directly to the OEM, but have heard it's 80% quality for 10% of the price. I've got one and it's nice.

12. chich May 7, 2016

That deluxe TimeFactors NATO is really good - haven't compared it directly to the OEM, but have heard it's 80% quality for 10% of the price. I've got one and it's nice.

Mario89 likes this.
  13. Mario89 May 7, 2016

Yes i did some research on alternatives to a genuine Omega NATO and the Timefactors straps seemed good, especially for the price.