Forums Latest Members
  1. Flingit1200s Feb 27, 2015

So I had the chance last week to stop by an AD. This was the first time I had seen an Omega in person and they all looked great! The lady that assisted me was super nice and as we talked she showed me some watches that they had at 20% off and she made the comment that Omegas with black dials are their best sellers for men. What say you? Do you think this is true just for this AD or does it reach farther? When I think about vintage Omegas, there seem to be a lot of them available that are not black dials.............

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 27, 2015

I'd say it just happens that most sports watches are black dials like the Speedmaster Pro, SM300 (generally) and Planet Ocean (with some exceptions).

3. redpcar Feb 27, 2015

My experience with 2 exact vintage watches, the black dial always brings a premium. There are fewer out there.

4. ulackfocus Feb 27, 2015

I've seen quite a few members of various fora that have NOTHING BUT black dialed dive watches. ::facepalm2:: After 5 or 6, what's the difference? :taunt: Black is the easy decision. Come to think of it, I don't believe I have a black dialed watch of any type left - probably some subconscious aversion to all those dive watch kooks with 37 varations of the same watch..... one rated to 100m, one rated to 150m, one rated to 200m, etc. :D:p

micampe likes this.
  5. Gavin It's the quiet ones you have to 'watch' out for. Feb 27, 2015

That's why now they want chocolate dials.

6. Traveler Feb 27, 2015

Funnily enough, just last night I counted up how many black versus white/silver dials I had ... 55% Black

7. Traveler Feb 27, 2015

I probably need to seek help....

8. ulackfocus Feb 27, 2015

Brother, if you're here you need help - just like the rest of us. Birds of a feather, right?

Traveler likes this.
  9. SeanO Feb 27, 2015

black and gold pops quite nicely if you're thinking formal.

but I agree with Dennis, the dive watch/Speedy crowd "distort" the fact that most watches aren't black dial.

10. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Feb 28, 2015

I dont think the AD is wrong, she would not count any vintage omegas as part of her stats as obviously she's O. The business of selling modern Onegas, not vintage. I do believe the majority of Sales would be on the sport and tool watches, speedy and seamaster series, and I do believe they sell more back dials, as probably rolex does too.

Subs and speedies are black dial watches for easy reading under poor conditions, a standard specially for diver watches.

But as for dresser less sporty watches on any brand you will find a much larger variety.

Look at the constellation and De ville series as references

11. Flingit1200s Feb 28, 2015

So single out the recent model Aqua Terra. Which dial color do you think would be the easiest to sell on this forum assuming all other things are equal (condition, age, cards & boxes etc)?

12. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Feb 28, 2015

That's a tough one because it falls right in between categories. Perhaps blue because of the bond connection ( and because it's beautiful. I got one) or the bumblebee?

I love it in white but given the choice then I would go for the new DeVille models instead. Which probably will be my next omega.