Forums Latest Members
  1. Gyges Mar 30, 2019

Hello,
    I'm new to this forum, not a collector but I've owned a few Omegas for several years already. I'd be thankful for an opinion on this watch. It's being sold by a dealer, so the price is quite high, but I think I can take it if the watch is legit in every way. The dealer does seem to be respectable, but I'm sort of extra careful with these black-dialed Connies and Seamasters. The dial shot is low res, but it looks alright - the correct fonts, correct hands and hour markers, "Swiss made T", etc. Do you see anything wrong with this watch, especially any evidence of redialing? Thanks!

1965blacksdv.jpg
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Gyges Mar 30, 2019

And I should add that according to my understanding, the case number, serial number and Cal 562 are all consistent and date to this watch to 1965, just as the seller claims.

3. ChrisN Mar 30, 2019

I have a similar 166.002 Seamaster which is also RG plate. To me, based on those low Res images, your dial seems to be okay. I think it has a yellow crown though. I'm not sure your bracelet is in good condition as it looks like some of the plating may be coming off.

If it's serviced with a 12/18 month warranty, then it still shouldn't be that expensive a watch because these are not as collectable as others as they are plated. You have some come back from a dealer if it's not right - at least you'd hope so.

Where are you as that also affects the price? I'm in UK and watches are more expensive here than USA, for example...

Cheers, Chris

black Seamaster.jpg

Gyges likes this.
  4. Gyges Mar 30, 2019

Thanks. I didn't notice about that bracelet as I was concentrating on the dial, and you may be right about the crown as well (but perhaps I'll be able to trace the correct crown?). I'll certainly ask for higher res pics before making any move. I'm in Finland and the watch is in the UK, so for the present (but for how long...?) there are no custom taxes or such to be payed.

That's a nice watch you have!

5. Edward53 Mar 31, 2019

Why are there clear close-ups of the movement, back and case back interior, but no close-up of the dial? I can only think of one reason for that.

6. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 31, 2019

You need to get better dial photos before you go any further. As above weird that the money shot is out of focus.....

Gyges likes this.
  7. Gyges Mar 31, 2019

Thanks for your comments, and I agree: I need better shots of the dial, which I'll ask.

8. Gyges Apr 15, 2019

This is the very same watch that Chris is showing above, but the wrist is mine. Problems usually tend solve themselves, and this time what happened was that Chris kindly sold me this watch upon which he has bestowed his loving care - a better watch, I believe, than the original offering, and a better deal for me in other respects as well!

IMG_4100.jpg