Forums Latest Members
  1. Dablitzer Mar 19, 2013

Hello folks, I've been missing my black dial Seamaster recently since it was sold, I have been looking for an original dial at a good price and nothing, seriously, everything looked re-done..I came across this today...its a cal. 562. I can't tell if that writing is genuine or not. Is there anything that can clue me in to it being original..? The Seamaster script looks correct..But I keep having second thoughts..

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks for your thoughts*

2. Dablitzer Mar 19, 2013

Also, thought I'd build this in to the same thread rather than make two, need some provenance about this Seamaster, could do with movement shots, but has anyone seen thus case style?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

it does look shades of rose gold from the pictures, or it could be just the lighting..

3. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Mar 19, 2013

Don't go by what I say, the cavalry will be along shortly, but the "A's" look inconsistent to me and I wonder if the A in Omega should be so pointy?
    Also wonder why the Omega symbol and hands have aged so differently than the hour markers and font.
    Caseback medallion looks like you could filet fish with it, so very sharp!
    Great color combination, eh?

4. Dablitzer Mar 19, 2013

I know what you mean, I love these seamaster case styles though, especially as it reminds me of the ranchero, early seamaster evolutions...and black and gold are oh so smooth..lol

5. ulackfocus Mar 19, 2013

Wrong case & dial for a 564 - that's too late of a caliber for the coathanger S. A 562 from the very early 60's would be the latest movement in that, and could be a 591 from 1960. Possibility of even a 50x.

6. Dablitzer Mar 19, 2013

Eek, my bad..it's a 562! Sorry Dennis...