Forums Latest Members

Black Dial Conquest Calendar

1. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jul 18, 2016

I was surfing the Bay last night and came across a listing from yako54 (also a member here). The thing that immediately struck me is the description refers to the watch as a Conquest and as a Flagship. Even going so far as to mention the "flagship" medallion, when it clearly had a Conquest, gold-capped medallion. http://www.ebay.com/itm/322195851165?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:ITPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network
    I know it's highly likely that it was just a cut and paste listing that the seller forgot to clean up but something about it is giving me a bad feeling. It could be the fish I had for dinner. Maybe it's because he also has a Conquest Deluxe for sale http://www.ebay.com/itm/322195843638?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:ITPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network, which almost seems to good to be true.
    Anyone familiar with this seller? I found one reference to a listing but nothing about the seller. While I'm asking, what do you think about the watches?

2. ulackfocus Jul 18, 2016

The first watch is NOT an original dial - it's been refinished. The fonts are off, particularly of AUTOMATIC.

The second watch is the real deal as far as I can see, although the box is from a decade earlier and the seller should be smacked with a wet noodle for using the term Pie Pan in the title / description.

If the seller is a member here and had made the claims in listings in this sales forum, he'd be called out in a second. Hope they see this and do the right thing.

primabaleron likes this.
  3. yako54 Jul 18, 2016

Thanks for the feedback. I clarified the subject with the dial in the desription and also the copy past errors. Also I will be happy to do the same in the other listings if necessary. Everybody is invited to ask any questions regarding my listings per PM.
    - And please forgive the blasphemy with the pie pan, 40 wet lashes accepted -

[​IMG]

racoon_noodle.jpg
    JohnSteed and khmt2 like this.
  4. ulackfocus Jul 18, 2016

Thank you yako. :thumbsup:

If you have some pasta sauce, we can use it on the wet noodles. I'll bring a nice 100% Sangiovese Super Tuscan to drink with it. :p

primabaleron and yako54 like this.
  5. dragoman Jul 18, 2016

Nice lot of gold Longineses you are selling...

GLWS

yako54 likes this.