Bit of a mutt in Sothebys nyc (“military” SM300)

Here's another authentic military SM300 I just found on eBay:
whatsapp-image-2024-02-27-at-162440-2_600.jpeg
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/156085799562
gotta love that authentic stubbies dial with date👍

And the squiggly cursive "Seamaster" also makes it a special piece.

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
Here's another authentic military SM300 I just found on eBay:
whatsapp-image-2024-02-27-at-162440-2_600.jpeg
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/156085799562
gotta love that authentic stubbies dial with date👍
Sarcasm does not translate well in internet posts. Someone who knows little will conclude much later that this forum is saying this particular watch is authentic.
So we are clear, THIS watch is a fake.

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
Sarcasm does not translate well in internet posts. Someone who knows little will conclude much later that this forum is saying this particular watch is authentic.

Oh? really? ..given the 'Bit of a mutt' thread, I would have thought overt irony wouldn't have been misunderstood ..but, for perspicuity ..it's an absolute stinker 👍

Ouch, US $3,591.00!!!

Ouch, US $3,591.00!!!
I’ve seen some hot trash sell on eBay over the last few weeks with startling numbers of bids for stupid money. Not just bad redials and frankenfuckers but strait up dumpster fire fakes! The market may be soft for nice watches, but the bad shit is on fire.

I’ve seen some hot trash sell on eBay over the last few weeks with startling numbers of bids for stupid money. Not just bad redials and frankenfuckers but strait up dumpster fire fakes! The market may be soft for nice watches, but the bad shit is on fire.

eBay is shockingly bad, and they do f*** all about it! ..and if you think that's bad, have a look at the amount of fake BANKSY pieces there are on eBay, or any other much-collected artist for that matter, it's an absolute nightmare!!

Buy a fake one for 500,sell it for 5000 to one of your buddies, get 4500 in "clean" money.

.. and there's even more profit in fine art .. nick a traffic sign or bollard, and for a literally few pounds, spray it with an easily replicated stencil and sell it as an original Banksy for tens of thousands (if not more) on eBay or fine art auction platforms, it's literally happening all the time, completely nuts!!!

.. and there's even more profit in fine art .. nick a traffic sign or bollard, and for a literally few pounds, spray it with an easily replicated stencil and sell it as an original Banksy for tens of thousands (if not more) on eBay or fine art auction platforms, it's literally happening all the time, completely nuts!!!
I get the feeling Banksy will be laughing the entire time- part of the point about the art world.