Birth Year Watch 1947

Posts
367
Likes
369
Have the opportunity to buy this birth year watch. Please tell me what you think.
Thanks so much for your knowledge!
David

 
Posts
13,628
Likes
18,979
My thought is that it’s a nice original watch, but not a 1947 model.

More like early 1950’s.
gatorcpa
 
Posts
367
Likes
369
My thought is that it’s a nice original watch, but not a 1947 model.

More like early 1950’s.
gatorcpa
Thank you
 
Posts
9,247
Likes
77,003
Nice watch and definitely 1950.
 
Posts
367
Likes
369
How can you tell 1950? Is there a serial number reference I can access.
Thanks for helping me with my education!!!!

David
 
Posts
9,247
Likes
77,003
How can you tell 1950? Is there a serial number reference I can access.
Thanks for helping me with my education!!!!

David

Google ‘Omega movement numbers’. My 1950 cal 351 has a 12,0**,*** number 😀
 
Posts
9,247
Likes
77,003
Spruce
Thank you

I bought mine without knowing the age but decided it was close enough to be a birth year watch 😉
 
Posts
3,613
Likes
7,837
The Serial number charts say 11 mil is 1947 range. But this is an approximation and indicates when movement was manufactured, not necessarily when Watch was delivered. Only way to know when watch was delivered is to get Extract of Archives, which is currently unavailable.
So if I was looking for 1947 I would consider high 10 mil or any 11 mil SN and decide that’s close enough.
 
Posts
3,613
Likes
7,837
BTW you would likely be looking for a cal 30T2 movement lots of nice examples so that may help focus your search.
 
Posts
3,451
Likes
35,215
May I present the Vulcain Cricket. First introduced in 1947, I believe. Unless you are looking only at Omega. (Not a bad thing…).
 
Posts
367
Likes
369
Duracuir1
Beautiful watch and no, I'm not locked in to Omega.
Thanks
David