Forums Latest Members

Big shout out to Swiss Time Services - UK

1. Just Livin Aug 24, 2016

Just had my 68 Speedy Transitional back from STS in UK (Essex).

The first time I have used them, and went there after all the positive reviews I had read about them on this Forum.
    Simon and the team did a great job, and was thrilled with the outcome. Was able to fix the ever so stiff winder and hour register creep.
    Came back exceedingly well packaged:) Love the double shell casing. And loved the way they cleaned the whole watch (no polishing:)

Found them to be extremely goods on the communications side and very good at following the detailed instructions provided.

As a result, have another Speedy on the way to them to sort out.

Highly recommended.
    A fan!

http://www.swisstimeservices.co.uk

IMG_5567.JPG IMG_5568.JPG IMG_5569.JPG IMG_5570.JPG IMG_5571.JPG IMG_5572.JPG IMG_5573.JPG
    Leona, ahartfie, GregH and 3 others like this.
  2. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Aug 24, 2016

Hey Joe, are you in the UK or did you send from somewhere else?

Looks great!

3. Just Livin Aug 24, 2016

Am based over in the UK. Over in Berkshire. But still I posted the watch over to them via good old Royal Mail Guaranteed next day delivery.
    They returned in the same fashion, but loved their packaging:). Way better than my box and padding:)
    You should check out that link and see their video:) Very impressive. They deal with a large number of international as well.
    Where you based?

4. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Aug 24, 2016

I'm in Canada. I've had a watch to them once, I just hate sending international as there are complications. ;)

LawBrk likes this.
  5. Just Livin Aug 24, 2016

Yep. I hear you. But, my understanding is that a watch sent for service/repair avoids all that ugly import duty and taxation stuff. Thus leaving the complications to the delivery people in just making sure it gets there right;)

6. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Aug 24, 2016

I tried that once and it didn't work out.. I was never clear on what value to declare when sending for service, but it seems whether marked for repair or not, taxes get charged.

Oh well, maybe again one day!

7. Just Livin Aug 24, 2016

Ouch. Now that sounds like an expensive surprise.
    No harm I guess in sending them an email. Address to Simon. The main man there.
    He may offer some advice, or even have a solution to that.

I know for international they use Royal Mail Airfare. And claim to handle 18,000 watches per annum. So they must run across this issue a multitude of times?