Forums Latest Members
  1. calalum May 1, 2015

2. ulackfocus May 1, 2015

Mental note: one more reason........

AAAKK likes this.
  3. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months May 1, 2015

Dennis, are you getting out of watches entirely?

:eek:

4. Flingit1200s May 1, 2015

::puke::

5. TexasKevin May 1, 2015

I dig watches, but there are some things I don't get. It seems like a lot of the well known and super expensive watches just aren't that interesting. I don't get paying 10's of thousands of dollars on some boring watch because it has a name. That Audmers in the article, I thought was pretty ugly. The IWC was kind of boring when you look at their other models. I liked those Patek's but others I've seen are kind of boring.

6. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member May 1, 2015

Shouldn't be, any more than Eric Clapton would be a reason to get into the hobby.

I happen to agree with a lot of what Mr. Mayer says, although I don't love his taste in watches.

But that's just my opinion. And you know what they say about opinions...:rolleyes:
    gatorcpa

PEIslander likes this.
  7. pitpro Likes the game. May 1, 2015

::puke::

8. Emeister Donut-eatin desk-divin wannabe-astronaut fat dude May 1, 2015

Which esteemed member of our own "cultish watch community" is most deserving of this catchy little subtitle being added beneath their avatar and name?
    :p

9. citizenrich Metal Mixer! May 1, 2015

Everybody is having a shared experience through all things,” Mr. Mayer continued. “We’ve all seen ‘Breaking Bad,’ we’ve all seen ‘The Jinx,’ we’ve all heard ‘Serial,’ we all have an iPhone. Your trip through the iPhone is my trip through the iPhone. We all do the same things on it. It’s a rite of passage as you get older, you say, ‘I don’t want this universal experience all the time.’ ”

While there exists a possibility that a person could be more obnoxious...there also exists an equal possibility that a 4th dimension in space will open in exactly 12 seconds and transport us to the other end of the Milky Way.

Holy fcuk, this guy has turned navel gazing into an Olympic Sport.

I remember watching the education of John Mayer by Eric K. Wonder if they ever kissed and made up?

pitpro likes this.
  10. Emeister Donut-eatin desk-divin wannabe-astronaut fat dude May 1, 2015

^^^
    I do have an iPhone: (4). [The release number not my quantity]
    I have seen the first episode of "Breaking Bad". But only when it was first shown on free to air TV, years after the initial release and hype.

But I would have to 'Google' what "The Jinx" and "Serial" are. ::confused2::

Is there any hope of me integrating into society so that one day I could dream of escaping from it? :taunt:

11. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter May 2, 2015

This is an excellent question! Sometimes when members pull out stunning watches, it does create a bit of a rush to join that club. I'm thinking In particular of Centenary and sparkles.

12. lillatroll May 2, 2015

I
    I think Tom Dick should get it because he is the champion of super cool 70s quartz watches

13. gee_cee May 6, 2015

Interesting article. Thanks for sharing.

14. Tiny Iota Could potentially be the Official OF Stalker ™ May 6, 2015

So if you're a G-Shock fan and looking around eBay, you might need to have a rethink as you're up against the millionaire musician