Forums Latest Members

Big bummer and advice sought

1. calalum Nov 12, 2015

Bought this watch a while back and stuck it in the drawer. When I finally decided to wear it, I realized that it was not running (my bad), and too late to send it back. Now my watchmaker says that the repair of the electronic mechanism can only be done by a few people, that those people won't share the parts and charge crazy amounts and will take a year + to do the work, won't guarantee the work, etc. Anyone know where I can get a rational repair done? If not, does the watch have any value (other than being great to look at) for parts or otherwise LIP Nautic Ski.JPG ? Thanks all.

Nick

2. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Nov 12, 2015

3. styggpyggeno1 ΩF Enforcer ....and thread killer Nov 12, 2015

Visit french ebay and source a (working) replacement movement from a similar watch. They turn up at rather nice prices regularly. OR send it to me and I will take over your troubles. Very attractive small vintage divers watch.

4. shaun hk Fairy nuffer Nov 12, 2015

+1 on a arecommendation for Paul at electric watches, I thought his prices were reasonable and was very straightforward to work with.
    Or I might well be interested if you wanted to sell as is....

5. redpcar Nov 12, 2015

Running, it does bring a nice amount. The "compressor" case styles are in vogue. If price is an issue, I would try to source a running movement and keep the original safe. Let's see a pic of the movement. LIP usually used common electric movements. Shouldn't be a problem finding one on the cheap.

6. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Nov 12, 2015

7. danomar Nov 13, 2015

+2 on Paul. He serviced my Lip and got it running very well... And for a reasonable cost.

8. al128 unsolicited co-moderation giverer Nov 13, 2015

definitely worth trying - IMHO ... a nice and quite unique watch