Forums Latest Members
  1. cell1010 May 31, 2015

Hello Omegaristi,

I came across this absolutely beautiful DON bezel. It's inner diameter is 34,4mm and the outer is 39,4/39,5. I have an very old caliper, so it could differ +/-1.

Is this bezel okay for all 321 Speedies from the early to mid 60s? Btw it has aged to a lovely grey tone that is hard to capture with the Iphone. It looks much better in real than on my pictures. They are just meant to show you what I'm talking about.

Thank you for your comments, they are highly appreciated.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kind regards,
    Manuel

2. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder May 31, 2015

Well yes, it should go on a 1960's speedmaster.

The question is, would I want to ?

Of course if its the only one I have, then it would go on.

However my attention has been drawn to the fact that there are more than one type of DO90 bezel, one with a fine, clear font, and then there is another such as illustrated above, with fuzzy, less well defined thicker font.

At the moment I think it is an original Omega bezel. I can only theorize why there should be so much difference between the two. It is possible the bezels all started the same, and one group degraded. Another possibility is that there were two sources for bezels, and that manufacturing differences account for the different looks.

Any way, I know which I prefer, and therefore value more :

P5300004-001.jpg
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/do90-bezel-comparison-on-2998s.25770/

3. cell1010 May 31, 2015

Thank you for the input. From what I see on your pictures, is the same bezel on the left 2998. The rest is up to everybodies taste. I like the thicker font, that turns grey. As analogy to Rolex the fat font bezels are much more desired. But as written before, it's all up to everybodies taste!

Thanks again!

4. Fost May 31, 2015

If it is not a 1k euros one this is a bargain now :)