Forums Latest Members
  1. Rquacken Jun 22, 2020

Ok new to the forum, quick question here. I recently purchased my first Seamaster. Used from a collector, it’s not the new version. It’s the one made in 2012 I believe. 212.30.41.20.03.001. It came with box papers the links that were taken out everything. I inspected it thoroughly. Made sure the lume was green on the pip and minute hand rest was blue. HE vavle sitting right above the 10:00. Had serial number etched in correct position everything even no misspellings. Checked date window especially the low numbers.

However when I showed it to a friend he was talking about how the bezel was flat. The numbers were not etched in. So I looked and the numbers feel flat when you run your finger across it but if you run your nail through it you can feel bumps. Like they are either ever so slightly etched in or raised on the surface. Now he’s telling me it’s fake he swears you couldn’t feel anything on his. He no longer has it to compare but he is adamant. Does anyone else have this version and can tell me what it feels like. Now I feel I have. To bring it to an AD tmrw and have it opened for peace of mind. I’ll include pics in case anyone spots anything I missed.

image.jpg image.jpg
  2. SkunkPrince Jun 22, 2020

3. Rquacken Jun 22, 2020