Forums Latest Members

Bezel Play with Seamaster Diver 300m

1. l.Hrn Jan 17, 2019

Hello to the Forum, this is my first post!
    My Omega Seamaster Diver got some bezel play from left to right, in the internet I did read, that a little bit of play is normal for the Seamaster Diver, but I don't know wether mine has a bit much play.
    And also I can turn my bezel easier from 15-0 sec, which you can hear in my video, when it gets more quiet to rotate the bezel is easier to turn.
    For these two things I uploaded two Videos, then you can see what I mean, so to all Omega Diver 300m owners, is this normal ? Or is it not ?
    Bezel play:

Bezel rotating:

Thank you for all comments!

2. drhombus24 Jan 17, 2019

The first video certainly doesn’t look normal to me.

As for the second, this is an interesting observation I’ve been meaning to bring up. For some reason, every omega diver I’ve owned, (2 PO 8500s, and now a 2500 SMPc) has had less defined bezel movement from around 15 - 0 min. Interesting...

3. l.Hrn Jan 18, 2019

Well, I did already read about, that a little play from left to right is normal, cause that's the construction of this bezel, but I do think its a little bit too much, do you have any play in your SMPc from left to right?

For the less defined bezel movement, I realized over the last 6 months of owning this watch, that it moves, so the less defined movement moves around as you turn it, so when I got the watch the less defined movement was at 15-0 min , then it was at 0-45min, then at 45-30min, and now its again at 15-0. Also its not every time at exactly 15-0 or something like that, but its every time about 15 min.

4. drhombus24 Jan 18, 2019

There is a very tiny bit of play in mine but it takes significantly more effort than what you are exerting. Yours almost looks like the bezel isn't seated in the watch properly (Don't quote me on that, I'm no expert). I'd take it in and have it looked at if the watch is under warranty.

As for the "less defined" bezel movement zone, my planet ocean used to move as well. Usually from 30 - 0. My SMPc has stayed in a consistent spot.

5. l.Hrn Jan 18, 2019

Ok, in the video it looks worse than it is, but next time im at an Omega dealer I will ask wether this is normal, because it still has 2 years and 6 months warranty, but if I have to send it in for that, I think I won't do that, because it takes about 4 and at minimum 2 weeks, I don't know if this is worth it, maybe also a normal watchmaker could fix it for a few bucks.

6. Kwijibo Jan 18, 2019

You should just change the. bezel sping. it takes 4 what?

7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 18, 2019

There is going to be some play, but the movement in the first video is definitely abnormal. I would say the click spring might be missing a tab or has a bent tab. Not an expensive part, so any watchmaker with an Omega parts account can buy and replace this for you.

Cheers, Al

8. l.Hrn Jan 19, 2019

I meant 4 weeks, sorry
    Ok, I will get the spring replaced next time I am at an Omega watchmaker.

9. drhombus24 Feb 16, 2019

Did you ever get this fixed? All of a sudden my bezel is pretty much as loose as yours. I’m not really sure how it happened....

Edited Mar 4, 2019
  10. starcraft Feb 16, 2019

I have the older 2531.80 41mm automatic model and there is zero play in the bezel. It also doesn't have any dead spots. It's likely just the click spring as others have said.

11. l.Hrn Feb 17, 2019

No, I did not get it fixed yet, because I have to drive 2 hours to the nearest Omega Watchmaker. At the beginning of March I will be on vacation in a bigger city, where an Omega Watchmaker is, then I will ask to get it fixed.

77deluxe likes this.
  12. l.Hrn Mar 4, 2019

So, I have been at the watchmaker, they want to send it to the omega service center and there it will get fixed, so it will take some weeks, I will tell you, when I do send it in and when I get it back.

13. l.Hrn Apr 24, 2019

Just coming out of the Omega boutique, they changed the bezel spring, one of the tabs was broken, the watchmaker said it comes from usage.

drhombus24 and Archer like this.
  14. AntonisCy Apr 24, 2019

Do you use the bezel frequently?

15. l.Hrn Apr 24, 2019

Yes, I pretty much use it everyday to time different things. I will try to use it less now.

AntonisCy likes this.
  16. AntonisCy Apr 24, 2019

Why should you. It's there to be used!