Forums Latest Members

Bezel fill falling out - added picture

1. ctpete Mar 28, 2020

My wife's 300M quartz is her favorite daily watch. It was serviced by Omega last year. Recently, the black fill on the gold bezel has been falling out. You can see it at the 50 and 55 minute markers as well as the triangle at 12. My questions are: 1- How would Omega fix this? and 2)might it be covered under the service warranty?

Omega300MgoldbezelJPG.jpg
    Edited Mar 28, 2020
  2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 28, 2020

They would follow the procedures laid out in Omega Work instruction 73 - RE-APPLYING BLACK PAINT ON A CASE BACK, BEZEL AND CLASP.

They would remove the remainder of the black paint, clean the bezel, and reapply the black paint with a wooden stick covering the entire area of the text. It is left to dry for at least 4 hours, and then a microfiber cloth is dipped in alcohol, and used to gently wipe away the excess. This procedure applies to all parts made of steel, gold, platinum and ceramic, but does not apply to those made from titanium.

Paint used is Dupli-Color 0-0550 Black.

Unlikely to be covered under warranty, but you can ask...

Cheers, Al

3. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Mar 28, 2020

Suddenly I don’t feel so bad about using splinters of wood to touch up the paint chips on the bikes

vitriol, sonicosa and Archer like this.
  4. vitriol Mar 29, 2020

It is hard to express how happy we are having you here.

5. N05J3W3 Mar 29, 2020

Agree. This sort of post is exactly what makes Omega Forums the Omega Forums.

3rdstringholder and wagudc like this.
  6. ctpete Mar 29, 2020

Thank you so much Al. Exactly the info I was looking for. Have a great day. Pete

wagudc likes this.