Forums Latest Members
  1. Trawler47 Nov 7, 2015

Just bought the speed master moon watch two months ago new.Worn this watch 2 times and the bezel fell off..lost. How is this possible! I have had other cheaper watches with no such problem. Waiting an answer from omega. I'm not hard on watches, I don't do construction work. This model went to the moon and back, good thing the bezel didn't fall off on the Apollo 13 mission. I expect a new bezel and explanation from omega. I'm in shock. Any suggestions. Can this affect the interior of the watch.
    Very disappointed. Trawler47

2. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Nov 7, 2015

Yeah, uh, return it to the boutique/ dealer so it can get fixed? since it came off, you should be able to look at it and get an idea of the relative simplicity of the installation. Not many products are ever produced where every single one of them is 100% perfect. It does not hurt the interior of the watch. Come down off the ledge :)

Spacefruit likes this.
  3. devnull Nov 7, 2015

The watch that went on the Apollo 13 mission didn't fall. Instead the whole mission failed due to malfunctions. That tells you that even the best looked after systems can and do fail.

noelekal likes this.
  4. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Nov 7, 2015

Trawler, I'd be pretty ticked off if the bezel on a 2 month old watch fell off. It's not like you bought an Invicta. But I'm sure Omega will make it right.

5. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Nov 7, 2015

The bezel might not have fallen off. Perhaps you inadvertently tapped the watch at the bezel underside and that caused it to pop off. You'll see in the speedmaster101.com link below that it doesn't take much force to remove it

https://omegaforums.net/threads/how-to-change-speedmaster-bezel.30633/#post-344405

Hopefully, you'll get it replaced no charge. Worse case senerio is a replacement which runs about $200 - $250.

Could be worse. A vintage base 1000 Speedmaster bezel (circa 1959 - 1961) recently sold on EBay for over $10,000. :)

noelekal and Spacefruit like this.
  6. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Nov 7, 2015

gemini4 likes this.
  7. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Nov 7, 2015

Yea for Spacefruit and his video!

I've had some small concern about the Speedmaster bezel being lost and did not know how it fastened to the case. Not sure I feel any better about the possibility of loss, given how easily it popped off in the video with pressure in just the right place but am grateful to see how it attaches.