Forums Latest Members

Beware - Your Puppy prefers your expensive strap to dog biscuits ;-(

1. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Sep 29, 2014

I recently offered my almost new Hirsch London alligator strap and Omega rose color buckle. A fellow forum member bought them both and paid on the spot. I retrieved the strap and buckle but had to set them down when our 14 week old Weimaraner wanted out. She came in and out several times before staying in. I returned to my computer to find that payment had already been made. Before I accepted I went to retrieve the strap and buckle only to find our puppy snacking on the strap. I immediately returned payment and informed the buyer, CdnWatchDoc, of my/our misfortune. I offered the undamaged buckle which he still wanted. Paul most generously added $5.00 to my asking price to provide biscuits for the puppy. Another reason why Omega Guys are the best ;-)

BTW: The strap is on the way to Paul along with the buckle. Maybe he'll post what they were meant to be worn? Maybe I can laugh at that - I hope!
    P9290721.JPG

Privateday7, Tritium and Darlinboy like this.
  2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 29, 2014

Best laugh I've had all day. :p .

Your dog is lucky Miki, it is usually the Alligator that eats the dog, not the other way around :D

epl108, MikiJ, X350 XJR and 3 others like this.
  3. ulackfocus Sep 29, 2014

The pup was just getting revenge for all the dogs that live near lakes in Florida that "disappear".

4. jopex Sep 29, 2014

Looks tasty, can't blame the dog. :D

5. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Sep 29, 2014

get a poodle next time.

6. Dablitzer Sep 29, 2014

I feel for ya...My Jack Russell has been doing the same recently, you should be thankful you have a complete strap at least, mine's in bits! ::shy::

7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 29, 2014

Thankfully our two Whippets are not strap eaters...by the way if you want a very cheap treat that dogs really love, and won't make them fat, give them an ice cube to chew on. Our dogs get as excited about ice cubes as any other treat, even the liver treats, which are basically the equivalent of crack for dogs...

CdnWatchDoc and MikiJ like this.
  8. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Sep 29, 2014

Oh ya, "cubes" have been a favorite for decades. However shoes and straps are always "special treats" ;-)

9. Dogmann Sep 29, 2014

Hi MikiJ

Wow not what you would of wanted but we all know just what cute little monsters puppies can be especially if and when they are teething, dogs and puppies really do need to chew as it reduces stress and I can highly recommend getting them a KONG as being a great way to keep them busy and happy. Would also love to see a picture of your little one as have always had a soft spot for Weimaraner's.

Marc

10. Mothra Sep 29, 2014

I winced because I recognised the photos straight away. You have to love them, although sometimes they don't make it easy. That goes for wives and children as well as puppies....

11. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Sep 29, 2014

Its a rawhide treat with a buckle when you think of it....:)

12. CdnWatchDoc Sep 29, 2014

When I got the email from PayPal that my payment had been returned, I had all sorts of thoughts going through my head-what did I do wrong? Did I give Miki Canadian dollars (did that at least once previously...)? Did I send it to the wrong person?! Wrong amount?
    And then I got the email, and after a quick breath, started to laugh!! We don't have a dog (we had kids...what more does one want?!), but I know lots of people who do, and this is such a familiar story. But now it happened to me! I will keep the strap as a good reminder for the future...

Hey, does anyone have a Watch Dog....;)

Dogmann likes this.
  13. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Sep 29, 2014

Ask and you shall receive. Zelda makes #11. We try to keep them in pairs after we lost our first one and felt terribly empty.
    Along the way we had a Wegman Weimaraner, Miller, that was as good as they get. However Zelda's pal Duke is a rescue and he's is absolutely terrific ;-)
    image1.JPG

Dogmann and Stewart H like this.
  14. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Sep 30, 2014

You came out of it better than I did many years ago.

I left my John Lobb dress shoes under the bed one night (too lazy to put them in the wardrobe).

Went to put them away the next afternoon :eek:

I was pretty lucky though, the dog only chewed the heel out of the back of one shoe!

15. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 30, 2014

They were quite involved in the Speedmaster program you know.

wegman-featured.jpg

Privateday7 and MikiJ like this.
  16. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Sep 30, 2014

Awesome photoshop LOL :D
    You should make a squirrel one for our Mascot

17. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 30, 2014

Not photoshop, Wegman Photo.

Privateday7 likes this.
  18. Dogmann Sep 30, 2014

Hi MikiJ,

Zelda sure looks like a sweetie and yes I know that also means big trouble once in a while to, my breed of choice was the Dobermann up until and as now I am no longer fit enough to be able to be guardian to a dog which for me is a tragedy. Here was my last Dobe a rescue that came to me because Dobermann rescue had no idea what to do with him as he had several behaviour issues and was an Albino and I was well known within the Dobe coummunity.

Here is the day he came to me

[​IMG]05/04/2007 by Marc Obermann, on Flickr

Here he is just a few months later

[​IMG]05/04/2007 by Marc Obermann, on Flickr

He actually ended up being the best Dobermann I have ever been guardian to and had a defence drive off the charts which is fortunately the way I love them.

Marc

MikiJ likes this.
  19. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Oct 2, 2014

We got the "kids" something they can both plat with ;-)
    Dogs tug of war cropped.jpg

20. epl108 Oct 2, 2014

Lovely animals, everyone. My (now) wife convince me we "needed" a dog a few years ago shortly after moving in to my apartment with me. It has certainly changed our lifestyles a bit, but we love him SO much and he truly makes me happy anytime I'm around him.

Meet Hudson:

Patiently waiting for me throw something to him (probably a call or bone if I had to guess):
    IMG_0064.JPG

Here he is on moving day checking out the view from his new perch at the apartment we moved into a few months ago:
    IMG_0515.JPG

And meeting his brother for the first time in 2 years since be split up at 8 weeks old by the rescue where we adopted him!: IMG_0956.JPG