Forums Latest Members

Beware of poor service: www.vintagestraps.it

1. WatchVaultNYC Nov 15, 2017

I'd say that if everyone that ordered paid and did not get their goods, then it's a scam. Some people not getting their stuff is a poorly-run business. "Scam" strictly implies malice on the part of the vendor. $#!+ happens to buyers all the time, malice not required.

Running a business selling goods you manufacture yourself, then maliciously planning not to ship some orders but fulfilling others makes no sense at all.

2. UncleBuck understands the decision making hierarchy Nov 15, 2017

Quadrophenic-Schizophrenia

Dre likes this.
  3. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Nov 15, 2017

I found on the Italian forum O&P a very nice Italian craftsman who does beautiful open ended strap on order and ships them out after 24 hours. And his prices are less than half those of Curious Curio and Massimiliano. Works with different hides than they do but has great croc hides.
    Happy to provide the contact via pm.
    He made those for me.

CE9427E5-E1B1-456C-BEC9-CC810F8B2C97.jpeg 684827D1-714B-46B3-B771-3A4809B2DF7E.jpeg
    Edited Nov 15, 2017
  4. M.D. Nov 15, 2017

Those are beautiful @Syrte! Nicely chosen.

Syrte likes this.
  5. Davidt Nov 15, 2017

He was clearly aware as he responded to the PayPal case. That implies malice, as it bought the seller sufficient time for the PayPal protection to expire.

I get your point and I'm splitting hairs but I don't like the notion of just putting this down to a poorly run business.

6. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Nov 15, 2017

I deliberately chose very colorful options but he also offers more traditional colors.

M.D. likes this.
  7. aap Nov 15, 2017

The fact that they lied a couple of times, to my mind, makes them a scam.

JohnSteed and Archer like this.
  8. Jonatan Nov 15, 2017

Yeah but Canada post doesn't help. It's probably in transit. LOL

JohnSteed and oddboy like this.
  9. kov Trüffelschwein. Nov 16, 2017

I am sure we all have funny stories to share about the Canadian post. I have been waiting 8 weeks for a bubble-letter to arrive from Canada to Switzerland... finally arrived, damaged ::facepalm1::

10. Rman Nov 16, 2017

I received an order from them after some bad communications and unreasonable amount of time.
    The quality vs price factor was excellent on most of the order, but two straps had stitching defects. I wrote them and sent pics, they responded initially, then wouldn't follow up or answer my inquiry. Won't be dealing with VintageStraps again...

aap likes this.
  11. ivar06 Dec 8, 2017

I have also a bad experience with this company
    i`ve orderen a strap on 04-09-2017 and haven`t heard anything from vintagestraps.it sinds then
    i have tried to contact them true e-mail, Facebook (andy bel), intagram ...and nothing
    i have contacted my creditcard company to undo the transaction

dont understand how someone can run a Business like that

aap likes this.
  12. WatchVaultNYC Dec 8, 2017

So setting up shop and manufacturing and shipping real straps is all an elaborate front to scam OP and a few others of the price of a strap? While other buyers get their strap delivered? Come on.

If you worked at an office, and you promise your boss "I'll email you the report tomorrow" 5 days in succession without actually sending the report - you lied yes? But is your lie because you applied at the company years ago just so you can scam your employer out of that report - that's crazy. The simple, obvious reason is that you are a poor employee that can't get his workload done on time

13. adi4 Dec 8, 2017

I'm not sure it's a great idea for a person who runs a business that attracts customers from this forum to go around arguing the semantics of a business not delivering a product that was paid for.

14. aap Dec 22, 2017

Update:

The straps FINALLY arrived with a set of free straps thrown in as a way to apologize for the delay.

Kmart, BenBagbag, cicindela and 3 others like this.
  15. DManzaluni Dec 25, 2017

Am I the only one shocked by how astronomically expensive these straps are? Surely there is a better way?

I wonder what happened to a chap called Tarbox in Clerkenwell Green?

aap likes this.
  16. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 25, 2017

In all fairness.......
    [​IMG]

kov likes this.
  17. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Dec 25, 2017

Care to change the title?

Edit

It’s Been done. From Scam Alert to bad service.

Edited Dec 25, 2017
    aap and kov like this.
  18. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Dec 25, 2017

men's leather belt $55. :
    [​IMG]

Men's watch strap $145. :

[​IMG]

ELV web and JohnSteed like this.
  19. MG-Speedy Dec 25, 2017

I was also dealing with vintagestraps.it last year and I also had to wait few months to get the ordered straps. I was trying to call them but never person picked up the phone. The same was with emails. Then I wrote that I will ask money back from Paypal and I got the 2 straps I ordered one week after. The quality was ok, but I will not order with them anymore.
    I also think that B & S orders with them. The straps ordered with him and with vintage straps look the same.
    I can also say only positive about the GLC straps - great value for the money and very nice people.

aap likes this.
  20. MG-Speedy Dec 25, 2017

I also ordered two with them (see photo bellow). It took months to deliver, but I got it finally after saying to them that I will use Paypal customer protection. I will never again order with them.
    Exactly the opposite experience with GLC straps. Great site to shop the straps. Good price for quality.
    I'm also of the opinion that B & S order with them - the straps seem to be exactly the same.

IMG_2169.JPG