Forums Latest Members

Beware Breitling / Breitling Company Stores

1. Pine Webster Jan 26, 2021

Hello fellow Forum members,

I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but I have had a very bad experience with the Breitling Company Store Desert Hills (OUTLET) in Southern California.

In the late nineties I used to collect the Breitling catalogs. I always wanted a Breitling Colt. As Breitling and other companies have shifted away from Swatch Group ETA 2824, 2892, and Valjoux 7750 I thought it may be a good time to buy a Colt with a B17 before Breitling moves strictly to the Kenissi / Tudor / Channel family of movements. Even Damasko has introduced a 2824 replacement.

Anyway, when I contacted my local Authorized Dealer they stated that the watch was no longer in production.

When I called Breitling, they told me to call the Boutique on Madison Avenue. They told me to contact the Breitling Company Store Desert Hills Southern California.

No watch and my credit card has not been refunded. That is all I am going to say.

Please look for alternatives. Possibly, the worst customer service experience ever.

Goerges Kern and Breitling don't care.

2. redpcar Jan 26, 2021

Where was the part that you paid for the Colt? Did I miss something?

3. ExpiredWatchdog Jan 27, 2021

^^^ Yeah, you missed something, the part where he was thinking about buying the watch and they read his mind. Including the credit card number.

Thrasher36 likes this.
  4. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jan 27, 2021

Avoid Breitling. Noted. Will comply. This thread definitely changed my whole outlook on the brand and now I will never consider buying from them.

Seriously man, you need a little more meat than that to condone the manufacturer and all of their stores due to a problem with a single sale. Plus if you paid by cc just dispute the charge with your cc company. Chances are Breitling and their stores sell hundreds of thousands (maybe millions?) of watches each year, so a single data point is not going to sway anyone.

apsm100 likes this.
  5. duc Jan 28, 2021

Does my need to "beware" include second hand sales of, say a Breitling Superocean 44 Special Blacksteel, from good people? I hope not, because one is due to be delivered tomorrow.

6. NGO1 Jan 29, 2021

Good people don’t sell Breitling @duc.
    Kindly return the Superocean, but not before posting a few wrist shot.
    I’m offended at wrist shot of my awesome reissued 806.

C3AC901E-2F08-4BE2-8B37-C0133BCD4BD2.jpeg
  7. blueteg Jan 29, 2021

I'm lost...

mark walberg.gif
    WatchCor and Thrasher36 like this.
  8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 29, 2021

Breitling is a brand I am definitely staying away from for the foreseeable future mainly because in 2017 it was bought out by CVC Capital partners which is the same private equity firm that bought out Formula 1 among other things and absolutely bled it dry like leeches. They’re very greedy short term thinkers and the company is rather hard to trust in their hands.

9. Thrasher36 Jan 29, 2021

ME TO

10. duc Jan 29, 2021

I'm on terrible alert this might be a lemon. As a matter of fact, I might stop liking it because an unknown entity told me Breitling is a lousy company:

Shot from yesterday before I started doubting the quality of this piece:

1.jpg

Edited Jan 30, 2021
    Starman71 and NGO1 like this.
  11. WatchCor Jan 30, 2021

tenor.gif

Untitled-3-picsay1.png

12. DManzaluni Jan 30, 2021

Can anyone let me into this trick of getting a refund without actually buying the item?