Best strap for a Speedmaster? Whats your choice?

Since finding out how valuable and fragile my 1039 strap is on my Speedmaster '67, I've been considering a more suitable day wear strap.

Can't decide between a blue silicone, green canvas army style or a brown leather.

What you got on your Speedmaster?

Post a few pics and help me decide....

That's like asking if one prefers blondes, brunettes or redheads, it all comes down to personal choice. I'd take a view at many of the threads here, there are tons of pictures of every kind, material, color of possible Speedmaster straps. Search is your friend.

That's like asking if one prefers blondes, brunettes or redheads, it all comes down to personal choice. I'd take a view at many of the threads here, there are tons of pictures of every kind, material, color of possible Speedmaster straps. Search is your friend.

Indeed, probably one of the most common thread topics on the forum. 👍

https://omegaforums.net/search/13762840/?q=speedmaster strap&o=date

The 1039 certainly has value, but I don't consider it to be particularly fragile. I wouldn't hesitate to use it, unless you are incredibly hard on your things.

I usually wear mine with a leather NATO strap... it's comfortable, looks good, easy to change ( just slip thru spring bars ) and relatively inexpensive. I also wear with the NASA Velcro strap too.

Jones in Tokyo tan leather is my Speedy favourite. Great quality and great service.

Also wear on a black racing strap from time to time.

Cheers.

It’s a chronograph so, if not on it’s original bracelet, a rubber or corfam muti-hole tropic strap are best.

Best?

Tough call...boat loads of variables...but I will say that my “bestest” is the Omega replica NASA strap that came with Speedy...

Since finding out how valuable and fragile my 1039 strap is on my Speedmaster '67, I've been considering a more suitable day wear strap.

Can't decide between a blue silicone, green canvas army style or a brown leather.

What you got on your Speedmaster?

Post a few pics and help me decide....

Choose all three, that’s the beauty of the Speedmaster. I wear mine mostly on the bracelet, but also an army green Nato and a bulang and son leather strap pictured below.

As an alternative you could also get a 1171 bracelet..
Some find them rattly but they give that vintage look and are available from Omega at considerably less cost than a 1039.

Best?

Tough call...boat loads of variables...but I will say that my “bestest” is the Omega replica NASA strap that came with Speedy...

Mad Dog I hope one day I catch a flight of yours 👍

My Speedmaster is only 18 or so years old but I chose a chrono style genuine alligator strap from Hirsch (Viscount). I've seen few strap I like on the Speedmaster, this is one of them:
29242412698_7cc98e4273_k.jpg

The question is: Is there any strap that gives the Speedy a bad look? 😉
Personally I prefer the 1171 or the Forstner band.

Normally on the 1479 bracelet or vintage black leather, but my GF really likes when I wear this one....Bulang and Son

There's always the OEM 1998/849... that is/was the bracelet for the moon watch for the past decade or two.