Forums Latest Members
  1. berlinwatchguy Jun 14, 2019

Hi, I want to buy a Speedy Pro and I'd like to wear it with a bracelet. Unfortunately, my wrist are very skinny (about 15 cm / 6 inches) and most vintage looking bracelets won't fit me (e.g. 1171/633) as the smallest adjustable length is still too long for me. I am also not a fan of the bracelet on the current Speedy Pros as the end links tend to hang over my wrist.
    I've read that the 1450/808 and the 1479/812 seem to be viable options. Does anyone know the smallest adjustable length for these two bracelets? Or does anyone know another bracelet that will fit my wrists?

Cheers,
    Long

2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Jun 14, 2019

Do you mean, even with removing links, it's still too large?

Speedmasterfan88 likes this.
  3. berlinwatchguy Jun 14, 2019

Yes, the 1171/633 is still too loose with all the removable links removed. It slides around quite a bit. The current bracelet would actually work but I don't like the overhanging end links.

4. zoohannover Jun 15, 2019

Three vintage Speedmaster bracelets, all links removed and spring bar in the last hole in the clasp cover.
    All can be shortened up to approx. 13 cm. Plus length of watch case.

DSCF4999.JPG

Left to right

1171 / 633
    Version with rectangular logo and removable links with pins. This version has more removeable links than the older version with trapezoid logo and screwed links. Therefore it can be made shorter.

1116 / 575
    Bit of a step in the taper, but it works well.
    (Removeable links hold by spring bars. Kind of tricky removal). Folded end links.

1479 / 812
    Has Speedmaster on the clasp cover and solid end links.

Only the 1171 / 633 is still available new from OB. The others can be found on the second hand market.

5. berlinwatchguy Jun 15, 2019

Wow thanks for the overview. This is exactly what I needed.