Forums Latest Members

Best reasonably priced watch winders?

1. Peecmkr Apr 16, 2016

self explanatory. Would like some amount of quality but don't want to spend a fortune. Already did that on the watch. Lol. PO co axial titanium 8500 calibre.

2. AAAKK First listing in the ΩF B2B phone book Apr 16, 2016

Your wrist

flw, OMGRLX, STANDY and 1 other person like this.
  3. zrleopold Apr 16, 2016

I have heard good things about Wolf winders.

SamQue and MikiJ like this.
  4. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Apr 16, 2016

I have one and I'm very satisfied.

5. zrleopold Apr 16, 2016

I have one of their watch boxes but not a winder. Maybe I should get one so I can have an excuse to fill it.

6. alam Apr 16, 2016

Eilux, using a two-head model for almost seven years, works as a champ, $300sh...USD

larryganz likes this.
  7. Galvarez Apr 16, 2016

I've got a Wolf Heritage single and it does the job for my SMP GMT and Seiko 6105. Very quiet.

8. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Apr 16, 2016

I have a double Eilux. Does a great job with my Rolex and Divemaster 500 but not with my JLC Master Calendar or my Montblanc. So I got two Orbita Sparta programmable winders. They do the job but are noisy. I honestly cannot recommend them. I'd try Wolf. To be honest I've had second thoughts about using winders. One watchmaker told me it's like leaving your car running in the garage. Concerned about wear.

larryganz likes this.
  9. Peecmkr Apr 16, 2016

I was wondering about that also. I don't wear mine the 3 days in a row I work. Is it better to just let it wind down then rewind or keep it going constantly?

10. SamQue Apr 17, 2016

I have been happy with my Wolf winders. Have bought directly from Wolf when they have sales toward the end of the year. Also have purchased through a reputable eBay seller. I have both the Meridian and Heritage models with triple winders. In all I have five units. The digital rotation screen provides you with number of rotations, 2.7 motor. Also, Wolf customer service is very good. My dog chewed up a couple watch pillows and Wolf replaced them. Don't know how he got them.

11. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Apr 17, 2016

I was using accutronic winders I got from Amazon cheap quiet and modular. Of course they apparently no longer make them.

5 speed settings and cw/ccw/alternating settings. FML

12. larryganz The cable guy Apr 17, 2016

I have three Wolf singles that have been working well for me for years - totally silent and everything I have seems to wind well with them. I can use them on battery power should I want to add them to my gun safe. I added a couple of Wolf programable dual winders, and one has always been slightly audible when the lid is open and it's operating, but not bothersome at all. No watch ever stops running on my Wolf winders, and all my watches fit well.

I have an Eilux dual winder that can run on battery like the single Wolfs can, and it does an equally good job, running silent and keeping my watches wound. This also fits all my watch bracelets and straps of many sizes well.

My experience with cheap Versa and Diplomat winders has been universally dismal. On the other hand, the cheap Kendall winders on Amazon seem to be silent and reliable, but I made one become loud whenever it operates after I tried to insert and remove watches while it was still running. Unfortunately the Kendall cushions are too small for any of my watches with bracelets set for a 7.4" wrist, and I have to use padding to make the cushion circumference larger to fit my bracelets. Their best feature is the storage for 3 additional watches, where I can store my solar powered watches, or manual wind watches.

IMG_1587.jpg IMG_1583.jpg
    Call_me_Tom and SamQue like this.