Best places to sell white speedy?

Looking to offload my white speedy that I picked up in May. Where is the best place to dump this for retail? Not looking to score a buck or two.

Live outside NYC so perhaps I venture on over. FB has been a bust full of bots and people who think these are the same market price as black sapphire sandwiches. Chrono is practically theft too lol.undefined - Imgur.jpg

You aren't (likely) going to get retail for it so don't expect to. If you price just a bit lower though, it will likely sell.

You could try r/watchexchange on Reddit, chrono24, or the sales Forum on whatchuseek. There's also ebay. Or, if you stick around and gain 200 posts through active contribution, you could try listing it here. This is a great place to sell and buy, but forum members are most likely to buy from who they know (plus there's a 200 post rule).

think these are the same market price as black sapphire sandwiches. Chrono is practically theft too lol.undefined - Imgur.jpg

Have you actually looked at what the market price is on these from somewhere like watchcharts? Because I can tell you that I wouldn't pay retail for a second hand one when I could buy one at retail, buy I might pay slightly under (if I were in the market for one which I'm not). Probably best to go into attempting to sell something with reasonable expectations of what you can make so definitely check watchcharts for used sales.

or the sales Forum on whatchuseek.
Like OF, WUS has rules in order to gain access to sell on their platform. Unless the OP is an active member over there, they will wont be able to sell there either. The first WUS rule: “To initiate a sales post in the Sales Corner as a private seller you must first be registered longer than 90 days and have a minimum of 100 posts in our discussion forums.”

OP, you’ll have the best luck selling on eBay as a low starting auction. You will get market value for your white Speedy in second hand condition. I highly doubt you will get retail as I have seen these have become more and more readily available to purchase new.
Edited:

Like OF, WUS has rules in order to gain access to sell on their platform. Unless the OP is an active member over there, they will wont be able to sell there either. The first WUS rule: “To initiate a sales post in the Sales Corner as a private seller you must first be registered longer than 90 days and have a minimum of 100 posts in our discussion forums.”

OP, you’ll have the best luck selling on eBay as a low starting auction. You will get market value for your white Speedy in second hand condition. I highly doubt you will get retail as I have seen these have become more and more readily available to purchase new.

Agreed. And both here and WUS a brand new member is also going to run into the issue of being perceived as a scalper or something similar. Probably best not to make dozens of short, quick posts in either place, I definitely seen members get banned from WUS for exactly that.

Here's the watchcharts data:
1000014869.jpg

Based upon the May/June/July numbers and how Boutique availability is increasing, I really don't think expecting a huge amount over retail is going to be reasonable. This was something you would have had to scalp really early on. At this point, slightly under or at retail might be reasonable, but probably only if you're a known established seller.

Agreed. And both here and WUS a brand new member is also going to run into the issue of being perceived as a scalper or something similar. Probably best not to make dozens of short, quick posts in either place, I definitely seen members get banned from WUS for exactly that.

Here's the watchcharts data:
1000014869.jpg

Based upon the May/June/July numbers and how Boutique availability is increasing, I really don't think expecting a huge amount over retail is going to be reasonable. This was something you would have had to scalp really early on. At this point, slightly under or at retail might be reasonable, but probably only if you're a known established seller.

Like I said, not looking to make money. Purchased this on 4/24 and would have sold it then if I was looking for an extra buck. Life happens and just looking to pass this baby along to the next owner! Listed for $8.1K on FB so I'll have to wait and see what happens.

I really don't think expecting a huge amount over retail is going to be reasonable. This was something you would have had to scalp really early on.
Agreed. This would have been an easier one to sell much earlier on when supply was low and demand was high. But since this is a regular production Speedy that has become increasingly available, I suspect second hand prices will be much like the regular 3861, which does take a hit even in new/used condition. There are actually a couple white dial Speedy’s listed for sale in both the private and dealer sections of this forum. Both are listed above retail- one has been sitting since April and the other since May.
Edited:

Agreed. This would have been an easier one to sell much earlier on when supply was low and demand was high. But since this is a regular production Speedy that has become increasingly available, I suspect second hand prices will be much like the regular 3861, which does take a hit even in new/used condition. There are actually a couple white dial Speedy’s listed for sale in both the private and dealer sections of this forum. Both are listed above retail- one has been sitting since April and the other since May.
Looks like I'll list slightly below retail. Thanks for the input.

That does seem like a fairly reasonable price. I think the major issue you are going to run into is how known or unknown you are. I think you will find that this is a community worth being a member of and contributing to even if you aren't a Die Hard Omega fan, but if you wish to potentially sell here,

Good luck with your sale!

Good luck with the sale!
I agree! Recently dipped my toes into Omega and I think I'm stuck for life. So many pieces that I never really looked at and I just want more LOL.

Thank you!

I agree! Recently dipped my toes into Omega and I think I'm stuck for life. So many pieces that I never really looked at and I just want more LOL.

Thank you!

Nice. What's next for you from Omega?

Nice. What's next for you from Omega?
Not sure yet. Unfortunately I grew up obsessed with Rolex and I still want to get my hands on a GMT master eventually. This might come before my next Omega.

In no particular order, White or black seamaster, likely another speedy down the road, and for non-Omega....GMT master, JLC ultra thin moon, mint green datejust on fluted with jubilee, Zenith chronomaster. Heavy hitters in many years, VC overseas🤪 but a man can dream!

Nowhere as this is a regular speedy you lost 30% already

Paul

Not sure yet. Unfortunately I grew up obsessed with Rolex and I still want to get my hands on a GMT master eventually. This might come before my next Omega.

In no particular order, White or black seamaster, likely another speedy down the road, and for non-Omega....GMT master, JLC ultra thin moon, mint green datejust on fluted with jubilee, Zenith chronomaster. Heavy hitters in many years, VC overseas🤪 but a man can dream!

Cartier and the Santos get no love 🙁

Or am I the only one that wants to pair the first watch on the moon with the first watch on the first airplane (a Cartier salesperson explained to me that the Wright brothers wasn't technically an airplane because it didn't power itself down the runway and, well, it was a decent sales pitch)

Watchcharts is good but heavily biased towards the US market, there is significant variation by territory (Japan being the cheapest) so that is always a big factor in setting a price which the watch will sell at. It'll be interesting to see what happens when the fake scarcity market falls away across all watches and people realise if they are patient they can pick up what they want for a lot less than asking prices...

Cartier and the Santos get no love 🙁

Or am I the only one that wants to pair the first watch on the moon with the first watch on the first airplane (a Cartier salesperson explained to me that the Wright brothers wasn't technically an airplane because it didn't power itself down the runway and, well, it was a decent sales pitch)
Can't forget about the santos! I actually really wanted one, but that is a later watch when I build up a collection. The speedy was my first luxury and everyday watch.

...The speedy was my first luxury and everyday watch.

Looking to offload my white speedy that I picked up in May. Where is the best place to dump this for retail?...

"Offload" and "dumping" your first luxury watch that you bought two months ago? This doesn't sound like a reasoned purchase.

Chrono24 is one of the best sites for a sale, beyond a place like a forum for collector to collector. Chrono24 has low fees, reaches a large audience, and offers protections for both buyers and sellers.

Look at sold prices on ebay and list your price on Chrono24, or just sell it on ebay. The market will get you the current price.

Don't think of it as a loss but as a valuable lesson. Buy a watch you love, not what other people love. Even so, people change their minds, myself included. "Renting" watches is expensive.

"Offload" and "dumping" your first luxury watch that you bought two months ago? This doesn't sound like a reasoned purchase.

Chrono24 is one of the best sites for a sale, beyond a place like a forum for collector to collector. Chrono24 has low fees, reaches a large audience, and offers protections for both buyers and sellers.

Look at sold prices on ebay and list your price on Chrono24, or just sell it on ebay. The market will get you the current price.

Don't think of it as a loss but as a valuable lesson. Buy a watch you love, not what other people love. Even so, people change their minds, myself included. "Renting" watches is expensive.

Lol appreciate the insight, but things in life change. I've got my eyes on something else and purchased this in the mean time. As for how much I love this watch, I do love it and will probably pick up another speedy a few years down the road.

Chrono is a good option, but selling privately usually yields more $ and can make this "renting" less expensive.