Forums Latest Members

Best place to buy new speedy

1. buddman Jul 9, 2013

Sorry if this is a repeat discussion but I could not find it on search.

I am after a new speedy moonwatch. i like the idea of warranty and "knowing where it's been' So I eliminated used/ebay. What is the best (least expensive) place to buy? I was planning to buy from the Mappin and Webb from Heathrow T5, but want to know if there are better options? I travel to the USA ( chicago) frequently, so that might be an option.

Price seems lower on Amazon usa than T5.
    Thanks for your help.
    Buddman

2. OttawaMan Jul 9, 2013

Bought my SMP at Little Switzerland in Curacao. Tax & Duty free and a fair discount off MSRP..though I doubt anyone pays MSRP anyway. 2 yr warranty added on top of Omega's warranty and 2yr interest free loan if that's a factor for you. And they're an authorized dealer. I was very happy with the whole experience. Like you, being a new watch buyer, I wanted to 'know where it's been' and know I had recourse if there was an issue.

3. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 9, 2013

If you travel to the US often, then contact Kingkrily aka Speedmaster George. Look at what he has now in the For Sale section of the forum. He can get most Speedmaster variants & is reliable and trustworthy.

4. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Jul 9, 2013

+1 I bought my speedy from Kringkily

5. buddman Jul 11, 2013

I can get the moon watch at heathrow for £2400, which is about US$3600. This seems to be about the going price via the board as well? Amazon has it for less, but are there issues to buy
    from Amazon (ie., are they not AD)?

6. SpikiSpikester @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 13, 2013

Doesn't that just mean you are buying without VAT & will have to pay the VAT on returning ? Unless you will be sneaking it back in without the box and bits, that is ?

7. buddman Jul 13, 2013

No "tax free" shopping hasn't existed for years within Europe, so merchants just discount by the equivalent of the VAT. So, you are actually still paying the VAT. For within the EU, they even have a pick-up service when you return, so it never leaves the country at all.

_Dracha_ likes this.
  8. buddman Jul 13, 2013

Holy bad spellcheck. Nols = No and retuairport = return so

9. Freddo Frog Mar 20, 2014

Reviving an oldish thread. I'm also in the market for a 3570 (or 3572). Some local Australian forums were indicating you can get a 30% discount just by calling ADs in New York and asking. Is this true? If so (or even if not) any recommendations on where to buy a speedy.

I'm also looking at used. People are saying a good 3570 is low $2000's but all I see is low $3000's. That's quite a difference.

btw, down under a 3570 retails for ~US$4500 which seems very high to me.

10. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Mar 21, 2014

Try Kringkily but gst can be a killer importing to australia. Otherwide, ring around ADs in Australia and see what they will do.

11. Freddo Frog Mar 21, 2014

Yeah, I'm keeping an eye on him and some others but he's doesn't seem to be in that low-mid $2000 bracket.

I've pretty much given up on Australia. We simply do not have the population that other countries have that enables ADs to discount significantly. That's why I'm trying to find ADs overseas.

12. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 21, 2014

You will battle to get a 3750 mid to low $2000 brand new anywhere even overseas
    Bought one in Aus not that long ago. Message me if you want Freddo will give you some places to start.

13. Jeffie Mar 21, 2014

I bought my Speedy from Kringkily and was not charged GST on it's arrival.

Not sure where you got your prices from, but I have seen a Speedy Pro for sale at Gregory's in Bondi for $4k which is pretty decent locally.

STANDY likes this.
  14. Kringkily Omega Collector / Hunter Mar 21, 2014

I will try and help ;)

15. Jeffie Mar 21, 2014

Oh BTW Kringkily had the watch to me in just over 2 days once the funds were confirmed. Highly recommended!

16. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 22, 2014

If i was to buy another i would be buying off Kringkily

CanberraOmega likes this.
  17. Freddo Frog Mar 22, 2014

Cheers all, it is very appreciated. I've had a few good leads so I'm sure I'll find one somewhere soon.

Kringkily I've just sent you a message, time to weave some magic :)