Forums Latest Members
  1. Yellow Fever Mar 23, 2019

Buying first Omega after wanting one for years. Can any steer me toward the best online dealer(s) please. I think I find a place, then start reading reviews.
    Thanks

2. sjg22 Mar 23, 2019

Here. Not kidding.

The Sales threads, both dealer and private, have top quality watches, vetted by the group here (if someone were to post a bogus watch, or one with undeclared issues, these tend to be called out quickly).

I’m not a modern omega seller, so no dog in the fight, but I don’t think I could steer you any better. Buying from other collectors has, in my experience, been the absolute best way to go.

3. Screwbacks Mar 23, 2019

depends on your choice, modern or vintage. which btw you can source best both here in OF. just a caveat, welcome any query and offer thru pm from any member here, but be inquisitive. because you should enjoy your 1st omega to the max.

Yellow Fever likes this.
  4. Yellow Fever Mar 23, 2019

I would like to buy a Seamaster 50th GMT 2234.50.00 and not get ripped off. I see some of the online dealers that also have a store offer a year to 2 year warranty, and they have gone through the watch to make sure it's ok.

5. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Mar 23, 2019

I would set up a search on watchrecon and be patient. One sold here last month, just serviced full set for $300.00 less than your link.

Yellow Fever likes this.
  6. Yellow Fever Mar 23, 2019

Swisswatchexpo. Are these guys legit? I've read some reviews...

7. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Mar 23, 2019

Have you done a site search here?

8. Yellow Fever Mar 23, 2019

Yes. Did not find them

9. Dan S Mar 23, 2019

Shankified, KingCrouchy and efauser like this.
  10. Yellow Fever Mar 23, 2019

So is this the place to go for some help or is it the typical forum with people like you?

I searched and they didn't come up for me. Sorry.

11. Dan S Mar 23, 2019

You're welcome.

Shankified likes this.
  12. Yellow Fever Mar 23, 2019

I'm here 20 minutes and it starts. Typical forum bull. No matter what the forum, the same internet crap shows up.
    Thanks for your insight. I'll find my watch.

13. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Mar 23, 2019

We don't mind helping, we just ask for a little effort on your part. You got a lot of information and recommendations, not sure why you're getting pissy.

KingCrouchy and jeppehh like this.
  14. Yellow Fever Mar 23, 2019

I searched Swisswatchexpo and a few links came up. Just posts of watches. My question was are they legit? I see nothing related to that. Pissy? The last thing I am is that. Just that it only took 20 minutes for the stupid shit to start.

15. usasuisse Mar 23, 2019

While fairly new to this Forum, I visit almost daily. I have learned a lot of worthwhile information, particularly about vintage watches. I don't know what you are referring to as "stupid shit." Everything I read above are attempts to provide information from those who have visited this thread. Many others will likely visit this thread over the next 24-48 hours. It is not fair to expect answers to questions in 20 minutes.

Otterina, Shankified and KingCrouchy like this.
  16. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Mar 23, 2019

17. Yellow Fever Mar 23, 2019

You mis understood me. I don't expect instant answers or solutions. My only point was that it did not take long for wiseass did you search this. And Links to follow.
    Not a problem. That's typical forum crap.

18. Yellow Fever Mar 23, 2019

Yup. Thanks all. I leave you to yourselves.
    I'll find my watch.
    Bye.

19. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 23, 2019

@Yellow Fever

Your asking the best way to buy a car. Not specifying what car, where you live, your additional requirements and when people point you in a direction to get more info you get pissy. Be nice and this forum is incredibly helpful. Act like a self entitled brat you get treated like one.

It’s not like this question gets asked weekly and there are hundreds of threads on this topic. People may seem short as a apparent lack of minimal effort shows little respect.

Shankified and KingCrouchy like this.
  20. Yellow Fever Mar 23, 2019

I asked, Is Swisswatchexpo legit? Yes or no. Simple enough? Geez.