Forums Latest Members

Best place to buy a new PO bezel?

1. ctpete Sep 21, 2016

I really like my PO. It is a 2909.50 - you know - the one with the orange bezel and 2500 movement. However, I am considering changing the bezel. (The orange is getting a little old!) I believe the only other color produced for this watch case is the black bezel. There are grayish bezels on the newer models, but I don't know if they are compatible with the 2909.50.

So is the Omega Boutique the best place to order the bezel and have it installed? I believe Otto Frei has them, but his prices are somewhat higher in my experience.

Comments welcome.

2. yinzerniner Sep 21, 2016

OB will never replace your orange bezel for another color. They've never accepted modding and never will.
    An independent watchmaker with an Omega parts account might be able to, but even then it's not a sure thing as I believe Omega requires serial numbers for parts orders, and if the original watch doesn't match the part they won't sell it.
    I'm 90% sure that all PO bezels are compatible given the right simple tools. PO bezels are also compatible with SMPs, as there are plenty examples of modded SMPs with PO parts (hands, bezels, etc).
    Ofrei, cousins, the 'bay or a classifieds FS or WTB might be your best course. I would be willing to bet that some independent AD's or watchmakers still have a few PO bezels in stock that would cost less than Ofrei's inflated prices on remaining Omega stock.

3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 21, 2016

A boutique won't change it for you, but if you find one that is slack in the application of Omega policies, they might sell you a bezel. It can't hurt to ask.

Contrary to the post above, Omega does not require you to submit serial numbers to order specific parts...at least not yet...

4. Perseus Sep 21, 2016

Sadly Omega has shut down the parts party. Your best bet may be eBay and the sales forum.

5. Sanmilc Sep 21, 2016

6. Prieto9000 Sep 21, 2016

I called the omega spare parts department recently to ask for a strap replacement for my AT and yes, they did ask for the serial number but it was only to identify de size of the strap I needed. They offered almost any strap that could fit my watch and also offered the button lock deployment buckle since the one that came with the watch is only pressure locked and tends to open very easily.
    I don´t know hoy can it be any different for a bezel. I even got it for less money that the genuine omega straps posted on eBay.

7. ctpete Sep 21, 2016

I recently went to an OB to inquire about replacing the bezel on one of my other watches because it was scratched. They quoted me a price that was $110 lower than the same part from Frei and had no hesitation about doing it. Naturally I just assumed then that I could accomplish this PO switch with their assistance. I'll contact the local OB to see what they say and report back.

8. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Sep 21, 2016

Big difference in changing like fore like, and modifying a watch to be something that never existed from Omega - that's where the problem lies.

Remember, even though you bought and paid for your watch, they still control what happens to it! ;)