Best Omega Under 3k for Jungle Travel: Planet Ocean?

Posts
114
Likes
71
I'm about to embark on a 2 week trip into the jungles of Asia. I want to wear an Omega to accompany me, that has:
  • An OEM rubber strap option
  • Date function
  • Water resistant to atleast 100m
  • Under £3k (don't mind pre-owned)

Quick options that come to mind are the Planet Ocean, and maybe an older Railmaster. Any specific model references I should look at, or other models I should consider?
 
Posts
2,800
Likes
5,817
Planet Ocean would be my choice. If buying used make sure it has a recent service or at least a new gasket. High levels of humidity in the jungle.
 
Posts
7,083
Likes
56,787
Could be a fun thread, the search for good "low hanging fruit."

It is going to be a tall order to find what you seek AND have it serviced and ready for jungle exploration.

Please let us know what you choose.
 
Posts
869
Likes
2,206
Diver 300M would be my choice, not sure you will find the "current version" at 3K preowned though
 
Posts
1,913
Likes
2,928
Your best bet at that price may be one of the older gen aluminum bezel quartz divers in 36mm. I’ve owned one (which I bought for a trip too) and they’re fantastic—and as quartz watches, no hassle at all. A bit small compared to later versions, but quite wearable! Just take it to your local shop to have it pressure checked and you should be good to go. And purchase an aftermarket rubber strap? Though in humid jungle temps, I’d think the breathable steel band it comes on might be more comfy.
 
Posts
908
Likes
1,724
For £3k I’m sure you could obtain a more recent full size Seamaster Pro with ceramic bezel.
 
Posts
2,619
Likes
2,799
For £3k I’m sure you could obtain a more recent full size Seamaster Pro with ceramic bezel.
Yeah, $4000k (~3k GBP) is about what a used modern 300M goes for these days. I got mine for $3000 USD, but that is as low as I've seen. Plenty of options of lightly used ones for about that.

Available in plenty of colors, and super durable. That said get a 2225.80 (or the titanium version?). Built like a brick, has a chronograph, and available for not much more than 1/2 your budget. ALSO: unlike MOST chronos, you can actually use the pushers down to full-depth (300m in this case!).
 
Posts
3,593
Likes
8,210
Under £3k (don't mind pre-owned)
Jiminy! What do you see for 3K new these days?
Please post in the wtb section!
Hire a local for 2 weeks, much less coin than the watch will cost you!

Have a great trip!
 
Posts
3,296
Likes
9,902
2254.50 Seamaster Professional 300m a/k/a the Peter Blake.

Yes, my choice too. Here with a strap from Citizen.
 
Posts
114
Likes
71
Thanks all for the suggestions. Leaning towards a Planet Ocean at the moment!