Forums Latest Members

Best Forums & Sites To Browse And Buy Vintage Watches?

1. danjperry Apr 4, 2013

I'm currently browsing around for a vintage piece for my dad as a birthday present, and really want to get him something that has been well maintained and cared for - ideally with a service history.
    I'm a bit of a novice generally in this area. I love the design of 50s/60s pieces (I have a mid-50s Seamaster) - but I don't have much experience in buying and knowing what is a fair price.
    It would be really helpful to know which forums (apart from this one of course!) and online dealers that members here tend to use and trust?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions! Dan

2. ulackfocus Apr 4, 2013

Hi Dan. Welcome to Omega Forums. I use www.watchrecon.com and www.elitedealseeker to search many forums at once. There are plenty of good forums to buy from like Watchuseek, Time Zone, Watch Talk Forums, etc. Remember that caveat emptor always applies. You can always link to a listing here for us to look over before committing to purchase a particular watch.

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 4, 2013

4. danjperry Apr 10, 2013

ulackfocus - Thanks for these links - they will really help cut down on my time spent searching around!

dsio - Thanks! I'm trying to focus my collecting and it's very helpful to come across these specific sites. So much information...so little time.

Having a job really cuts into the quality time I should be spending perusing the net.
    ::facepalm1::

5. porschefan Apr 10, 2013