Forums Latest Members

Best clasp position on bracelet?

1. M'Bob Apr 13, 2016

If you have a watch with a bracelet, and you flip over your wrist so you are now palm-up, is your clasp centered on your wrist? Or is it more to either the thumb side, or the pinky side? And why do you prefer it one way or the other?

Further: do you think the clasp position plays a role in keeping the watch nice and centered on the top of the wrist? I wonder if this is a universal wristwatch wearers experience, but strap or bracelet, my watches tend to "drift" towards the little bump on the top of the wrist, and only stay centered if the strap or bracelet is quite tight.

2. sky21 Apr 13, 2016

I generally keep the clasp centered under my wrist but I like to have one fewer link on the 6 o'clock side of the watch. That seems to help keep it centered more on top or slightly to the inside, which makes it easier to read.

lando, Foo2rama and M'Bob like this.
  3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 14, 2016

I wear straps on my watches mostly...not need to worry about clasp position...

ulackfocus likes this.
  4. relaxer7 Apr 14, 2016

clasp bang in the middle for me - seems to keep it from being top heavy

5. alam Apr 14, 2016

Regardless of the type --strap, deployant, or bracelet-- they all tend to slightly drift to the little bump on my wrist. I will not choke my wrist to fight it or to achieve a perfect alignment on the wrist, I just learned to cope and refuse to attend a support group....

:p

ironmandreamer, M'Bob and sky21 like this.
  6. wsfarrell Apr 14, 2016

Off-center buckles bother me as much as off-center clasps. I've occasionally bought two straps to remedy this, a long and a short one. I use the buckle end of the long one and the hole end of the short one---perfecto. I don't do this with $350 Omega straps.......

M'Bob and abrod520 like this.
  7. M'Bob Apr 14, 2016

image.jpeg
    Drives me flippin' nuts...

8. jcmartinez98 Apr 14, 2016

Deployant clasp
    The clasp itself is centered .
    image.jpeg
    The closing mechanism and buckle are radial to that (toward the radius instead of toward the ulna)

M'Bob likes this.
  9. ulackfocus Apr 14, 2016

Butterfly (double) deployants are the answer. Single deployant clasps always end up towards the side of my wrist so I don't use them anymore.

M'Bob likes this.
  10. Nitzbar Will sell any watch tougher than him. Apr 14, 2016

I have the same issue with single deployants, but have always tolerated it. Forgive my ignorance Dennis, but does Omega make butterfly deployants for straps and if so, does anyone have a pic?

11. larryganz The cable guy Apr 15, 2016

Watch bracelets keep the watch centered better on my wrist when the clasp is slightly towards the thumb side (radius side). So I tend to have 1-2 links more on the 12 o'clock side of the bracelet than the 6 o'clock side.

M'Bob likes this.