Forums Latest Members
  1. khoalety Dec 29, 2013

Hi everyone! I hope everything is going well for all. :thumbsup: During Xmas time, I tried to replace my son's iPad screen. There were some tiny screws which my Home Depot 2mm screwdriver wasn't small enough, I was happy to use the much smaller screwdrivers that Omega gave me during my last Omega event. That was a mistake because all my screw heads are bent (I looked through a magnify glasses). :oops: Since the Bergeon screw heads are removable, I wonder if I can purchase screw head set separately instead of the whole screwdriver set? I only need to put on or remove my PO bracelet screw links.

Could someone give me a suggestion where I can get just the screw head set? If I can't get just the screw head set, I wonder if you can suggest where I can buy a set of decent screwdrivers for a reasonable price.

Thank you for your help,

Khoa

screwdrivers.JPG
  2. Stewart H Honorary NJ Resident Dec 29, 2013

I don't know if they are available individually but Bergeon sell packs of 10 blades for each size of screwdriver. The orange one is 0.5mm, the white one is 0.6mm and the yellow one is 0.8mm. Any Bergeon stockist will have them and in the UK, they are about £10 per pack. You could try asking a local watchmaker if he would sell you the individual blades or a search on Google would let you know if you have a local stockist or an internet supplier such as Otto Frei would sell them.

khoalety likes this.
  3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Dec 29, 2013

4. Tritium Dec 29, 2013

To anyone interested on changing any Apple device part, I suggest to visit www.ifixit.com. They have all the manuals and also sell the proper tools.

khoalety and blackwatch like this.
  5. khoalety Dec 29, 2013

I'd love to buy a bunch of different size screwdriver head to use with these 3 screwdriver bodies. ::love:: Thank for Stewart H and X350 XJR for the screwdriver info. :cool: I was at the ofrei.com but I didn't see the page you pointed me to. :thumbsup:

Tritium! I got the iPad screen from Amazon.com and I posted the before and after pictures. Now my friends and family are asking me to fix their broken iPad and iPhone screens. ::facepalm1:: Thank you, I will check out your link for iPhone parts. ::psy::

6. Tritium Dec 30, 2013

That's exactly how I started;)

I really use ifixit for parts reference and for the guides, then search the parts on eBay or other places. But if you don't mind paying a bit more that's the all in one site!

7. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Dec 30, 2013

Exactly :thumbsup:

3 fixed iPhones and various other stuff, and some cute presenters too :)

(Young enough to be my daughters though :()

khoalety likes this.
  8. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 30, 2013

If you can find VOH brand blades, buy those instead of Bergeon. I consider the Bergeon drivers to be crap actually, as a lot of modern Bergeon tools are....vintage is different because there was a time when they did actually make some of the best tools.

Sold my set of Bergeon screwdrivers and it was the best thing I ever did....the VOH set is more money, but IMO is the best set available.

And note that each blade has it's own handle, so you can't fit a 1.2 blade into a 0.8 handle....nice try though!

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Al

jcarel and Spy like this.
  9. khoalety Dec 30, 2013

Thank you, Archer for the head up the blades fitted into the handles. I will buy a set of 2 Bergeon blades for each of colors Stewart H described above (the orange one is 0.5mm, the white one is 0.6mm and the yellow one is 0.8m) from ofrei.com for now (when I order the 1/2 link bracelet for my PO). :whistling: I will look around for VOH set. I always want a set to put on my desk as a decor and use them once in awhile. :)

Capture.JPG
    cicindela and Privateday7 like this.
  10. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 31, 2013

That's one of the sets I use every day - I have one with the blades fitted more for vintage watches, and one fitted more for modern watches. Screws on modern watches tend to require a thicker blade than vintage do...

The VOH are a joy to use compared to the Bergeon...

Cheers, Al

khoalety likes this.