Forums Latest Members

Bergeon 6825 Pliers v 7825 Tweezers on Planet Ocean Mk1 2500

1. Modernism Apr 5, 2016

I like the look of the 7825 tweezers more,, for simplicity alone, but the ends it comes with don't look like the fork on my 6767-F. I can't budge the bracelet on my Planet Ocean with the 6767, so would like to invest in the 7825, but wondered if there was anybody on here who has used them on a PO 2500C and can tell me that they work well? I gather the 6825 will do the job, but looks more complex. Appreciate any help. Thanks

2. gwzymytk Apr 5, 2016

I have the Bergeon 6767 tool and successfully use it to remove the bracelet on my 45.5 PO (cal. 2500C). I find it the perfect tool to remove straps or bracelets from all my watches, some just need a bit more dexterity than others.

I do believe that a tweezers-like solution could be less damaging for the lugs or would speed up the process, but the price is a bit steep by comparison. I'm afraid to look somewhere else other than Bergeon since I had only bad experiences with non-branded tools so far.

3. Modernism Apr 5, 2016

I can do all straps with the 6767 but I can't budge the bracelet, and believe me I've tried... incessantly. After wearing straps on it for months, I put the bracelet back on but I can't get it off now.

Just need to know if someone has used that tool and the ends fit on the spring bars, because it's always listed as Rolex, but suppliers say it fits all. It hasn't got that deep a groove as the 6767, as you can see here, so I'm not so sure.
    [​IMG]

4. Perseus Apr 5, 2016

The bracelet spring bar is 1mm shorter than the strap spring bar to make it easier to get the bracelet off. Any chance you used the strap spring bar on the bracelet?

5. Modernism Apr 6, 2016

No, definitely not... and you're right, they are longer on the rubber, but I just can't manoeuvre the bracelet at all when I'm pushing down on one side. Won't budge, I couldn't take it off from day one, never been able to, that's why I thought those tweezers that depress both bars at the same time may be the answer, but the forks on the tweezers don't look like they have a deep enough groove in the middle?

6. g-boac Apr 6, 2016

I have the tools you mentioned above - and a Rolex Sea-Dweller 116600 - in addition to my Omegas. The 7825 works superbly on the Rolex design because the spring bars for Rolex are double-flanged. This means there is a second flange on each end, so the 7825 has a very secure groove into which it fits to compress and expand a spring bar during installation and removal. The diameter of the spring bar is also slightly different from the omega spring bars.

The omega spring bars are single-flange design.

The 7825 WILL work on Omega spring bars, but the fit is suboptimal - it will slip off much, much easier than it will off a Rolex spring bar, and this (combined with the single flange design of the Omega spring bar) really negates the advantage and secure grip the 7825 offers on a Rolex spring bar.

With a 6767, the trick is to compress the spring bar, while simultaneously pressing the endlink toward you on the back side (the side underneath the spring bar end you are compressing). This will allow that end of the spring bar to slightly dislocate out of its lug hole and remain just outside the lug hole when you remove the 6767. Then repeat the process on the other end. It will take a little bit of patience and practice, but becomes easier with practice.

The Horotec tweezers are a great tweeter option - the tips of those are identical (or very close to) the 6767F tips.

Good luck!!! And enjoy!

Modernism likes this.
  7. Modernism Apr 7, 2016

Thanks for that, I have honestly tried the bracelet with the 6767 too many times, I always decide to give it another go and then give up because of the frustration. I've tried every which way. Have seen the Horotec 6825 copy but it's not much cheaper than the Bergeon on the UK sites. If you think the 7825 will get the bracelet off the old PO, then it's worth a go. If the bracelet just slides out when the bars are depressed, then that is a big one up on the 6767 for me who can't budge either end. I'll check out the Horotec tweezers. They're almost half the price of the Bergeon, If you think they'll do the same job. Says 'Designed to insert/remove double shoulder and double flange spring bars with one easy sqeeze of the tweezer. Not for use on single shoulder spring bars.'

Edited Apr 7, 2016
  8. Modernism Apr 12, 2016

For the record, I received the Horotec tweezers, but they don't fit, or even get a grip on the bars. I think it's because they are curved, and don't grab on to anything. They and the Bergeon are usually listed for Rolex, but they certainly don't work for the Omega that I have. Couldn't get into the space

9. kurtj29 Apr 12, 2016

That stinks. How about take the watch to a OMEGA AD and get them to remove the bracelet. Purchase some double flange Rolex style spring bars and use those in place in the future?????

You may need to do some research to see if that will work.

10. Modernism Apr 12, 2016

It's an option yes, It's just really infuriating that I can remove the rubber and NATO no problem, but when I want to wear bracelet I have to go to same AD every time to do it. Makes no sense that it's just so easy to remove the straps, but the 6767 tool won't budge bracelet and neither will this. I don't know whether to even risk more money on the 6825 compass looking one or just give up gracefully. And just NATO to rubber all the time. Wonder if the double flange on the OMEGA will make that tool useable? That's an interesting idea. Thank you.

11. Perseus Apr 12, 2016

FWIW I hold the watch face down and put light pressure on one side of the bracelet from the bottom and use a small screw driver to depress one side of the spring bar and while keeping the pressure on the first side I use the screw driver on the other side. Good luck!
    Brutal!

12. Modernism Apr 12, 2016

I will stand in awe of anyone who can get that bracelet off with just a screwdriver, You must be using Jedi mind tricks

Perseus likes this.
  13. kurtj29 Apr 12, 2016

I have a Rolex Explorer II and everyone said you could take the bracelet off with the 6767 - no way, no how. I spent a lot of money on the Bergeon 7825's and they work like a charm. I am able to get the bracelet off in 10 secs. I just picked up a Speedmaster and while I can get the bracelet off the Speedmaster with a spring bar tool - 6767 I would like a solution like the 7825. I just don't want to spend another $300... :(. The 7825 does not work on the Speedmaster, I may try some double flange spring bars and see if that works. Let me know if it works for you - Modernism.

14. Modernism Apr 12, 2016

That's interesting you say that about the 7825. Everyone says they will work on OMEGA, I had a feeling they wouldn't, because the Horotec are pretty similar. Have you any experience of the 6825? Wonder if the AD will have any double flange and see if they can see why....

15. kurtj29 Apr 12, 2016

No experience with 6825. I may buy that - looks to be $189. I can say the Bergeon 7825 does not work on a Speedmaster 3507.51 - which I believe has the same case as the moon watch 3570. The 7825 will not get a grip on the spring bar and I am afraid I may damage the tips if I try again. So for now, I am keeping the bracelet off the Speedy 3507 and using NATOs and straps. The 6767 spring bar tool works fine in that situation.

Why do they have to make this so dang difficult!

16. Modernism Apr 12, 2016

I know, and yet there's plenty out there who will tell you they take that off in a minute. Like I say, the 6767 on rubber and NATOs is a minute job, and those bars are longer, Wondering if I'd have had more joy with those bars instead of the shorter bracelet ones. Very frustrating. The 6825 are pricey, but If I knew for sure before I bought them they would definitely put me out of bracelet misery, I'd be very tempted to lay out the cash...

17. kurtj29 Apr 12, 2016

Pricey - think about scratching that several thousand $ watch, not so pricey for solution that minimizes scratches....

18. Modernism Apr 12, 2016

I hear ya, but I just think Rolex when people say several thousand dollar watches... not Omega. I forgot you Rolex/Omega types... Anyways, anyone willing to put up a video of the 6825 taking off the 2500 PO bracelet, I'll pay....even the extortionate premiums we Brits pay for just about most things....