Forums Latest Members

SOLD Benrus Sky Chief Triple Register BE11 Chronograph-Serviced

1. waXology Jul 24, 2017

It's time to part with my 1940's Benrus Sky Chief which I enjoyed hunting for a few years. This is Venus 178 model BE11 with a gorgeous glossy black dial. I'll try be as accurate as possible below.

IMG_5559.JPG

The watch came from a deceased estate and was not working. I sent it off to my watchmaker and it received a full service in Feb 2016. It needed a new balance staff and chrono wheel. Still have receipt from my watchmaker.

IMG_5556.JPG

The crystal was also replaced as it was so scratched it was tough to read the dial. Lugs are razor sharp and it appears like it has never been polished.

IMG_5557.JPG

A small part of the hand lume has flaked off and can be seen at the 6 o'clock next to the 'SWISS' wording. Needless to say everything is original including the hands and lume.

FullSizeRender.jpg

The case retains all it's original characteristics, you can still see the brushed lines and the lugs are crisp.

FullSizeRender (2).jpg
    FullSizeRender (1).jpg

The dial is flawless, glossy and has no marks on it whatsoever. As is the lume of numerals which are perfectly patina'd.

Sadly she doesn't get the wrist time she deserves. Hoping someone else can enjoy it.

Fitted to a handmade brown leather strap from Strapped For Time

£2100 net to me including tracked worldwide shipping.

Payment by Bank Transfer or Paypal for established forum members.

I think that's everything but please reach out for more info/pics :)

Thanks

FullSizeRender (3).jpg

Lonestar, Giff2577, tmw57 and 10 others like this.
  2. waXology Jul 26, 2017

bump

3. waXology Jul 26, 2017

SOLD. Thanks OF!