Forums Latest Members

Before I post this I'll ask the Mods if it's OK...

1. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Nov 21, 2017

Unfortunately I've had some ongoing issues with a strap maker from Germany.
    It took several months to finally learn that my payment, $162.50 US, will not be returned.
    Before I get into my sad story and share what I've learned from my sad experience, can I do it here?

2. gemini4 Hoarder Of Speed et alia Nov 21, 2017

Do tell ::popcorn::

patrick1616 likes this.
  3. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Nov 21, 2017

I don't see a problem. If there is an issue with content or delivery , we will let you know ;)

4. gdupree Nov 21, 2017

Would very much like to hear about who and your experience.

Threemann likes this.
  5. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Nov 21, 2017

I think that if the perpetrator has achieved “Uber like” levels of being evil, they should be exposed.

6. Texasjohn Nov 21, 2017

Aannndddd go!

7. Bushido Nov 21, 2017

Fire away, we're listening.

8. WYO_Watch Nov 21, 2017

Clickbait...

I feel dirty ::shy::

Honza likes this.
  9. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Nov 22, 2017

Here goes, you're welcome to form your own opinion.

On April of this year I ordered a custom strap from Jurgen - [email protected] and PayPal $162.50. Several emails and a couple of months later I received my strap only to see that it was not made out of the material I ordered.

After several more emails I was told to return the strap and a replacement would be given. However the material I requested was no longer available. He only offered a strap from a different material as there are no refunds.
    I agreed to a different material made the same as my original specs for my Speedy, simple dark material leather with black stitching. A few more months and emails later I received my strap only to find out that it was made IWC Pilot style strap, rivets and all. Several more emails and a scan of what I was sent then finally Justin asked that I return this second mistake the same way I returned the first, USPS 1st. Class Mail. I filled out the Customs Form and patiently waited to hear from Jurgen.

After several more emails and a month later Jurgen told me he hadn't received my strap. The only information I was able to get from USPS was that it was departed US Customs in Chicago on 08-19-17 and arrived Customs in Germany by 09-19-17. I asked Jurgen if he got it and he said that Customs informed him that he had a package that he needed to pick-up. Jurgen then told me that he still did receive my strap so I filed a dispute with PayPal after Jurgen refused to issue me a refund. PayPal denied my dispute on 09-28-17 because there was no proof of delivery.
    I filed a dispute with my Credit Card provider, Discover. on 09-28-17 and I sent them my USPS receipt dated 08-14-17 and the Customs form with the same date addressed to the address that Jurgen provided. Jurgen then disputed my dispute and Discover sent my claim to an arbitrator who also denied my claim for lack of proof of delivery.

Along the way Jurgen continued to post his straps including the material, Swedish Holster #13, specifically the upper darker grained flap of the holster that I originally ordered that was no longer available on his favorite forum. If you're interested in the drama that I created you can look it up on Chrono-Trader and searching Miki Julian. Most interesting was some of the responses from 1st. time posters that no one seemed to know. Go figure? You tell me if I was hustled?

At the end of the day I learned to never ship anything, even a strap, without proof of delivery tracking.

upload_2017-11-22_10-18-11.jpeg upload_2017-11-22_10-18-20.jpeg
    AveConscientia, watchos and IDXM like this.
  10. alam Nov 22, 2017

seems clear to me that the main issues were the merchant’s responsibility to fix - any reasonable Seller would have immediately provided a full refund in this scenario. Why would merchants rather opt for a black mark to their reputation for a few bucks? They sure lost one potential customer here...

Waltesefalcon likes this.
  11. IDXM Nov 22, 2017

Sorry for your experience, but a hearty thanks for posting. Karma will take care of the rest.

Waltesefalcon likes this.
  12. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Nov 22, 2017

Get ready for this - I was just informed that if I continue to impune their fine reputation they would file a law-suit in Germany that would mean I would need to go there to defend myself.

AveConscientia likes this.
  13. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Nov 22, 2017

Even places with great return policies, like Amazon require one thing, that you return the item. You did not prove that you returned the item. That is why PayPal and your credit card company both denied your claim. It is very possible that Jürgen never received your strap, and therefore never issued a refund. Your issue is with the post office, not Jürgen.

14. alam Nov 22, 2017

hey! we could arrange a get together and enjoy some good German food/beer! :D

15. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Nov 22, 2017

I would continue to impugn. Let him bear the cost of a lawsuit which will certainly exceed the cost of your strap.

IDXM, ConElPueblo and MikiJ like this.
  16. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Nov 22, 2017

Now you tell me :(

17. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Nov 22, 2017

1) Love Buffalo Trace ..Is it helping sooth the burn? I fly United a lot and BT is their house bourbon. Always very happy!
    2) I think you need to put Jurgen in your shit list and move on.

$162 is not worth the trouble an threatened lawsuit is going to cost you.

propervinyl and BenBagbag like this.
  18. imagwai Nov 22, 2017

When Heuerville sent me a strap that had a tiny flaw, I was told they'd make another right away and told me to keep the first. I was so impressed I ordered another one.

Waltesefalcon, Syrte, Dre and 3 others like this.
  19. boat2dan Nov 22, 2017

Sorry your in the situation, It's my understanding USPS cannot provide tracking/signature on first class packages from the U.S. to the Euro-Zone or other destinations. As another member suggested it is on the Post Office, as for the strap maker a courtesy to accommodate you would be the right move, IMO.

Dre, tmw57, Bill Sohne and 1 other person like this.
  20. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Nov 22, 2017

Vendor screwed up -- TWICE. First return went fine, second was lost. There should not have had to be a second return anyway. And the 'no refunds' policy is crap when they did not/ could not deliver what they allowed you to order.

Focusing on the second incorrect strap getting lost is just blowing smoke.

Good luck in your quest for a refund, although sadly you probably will get one. But no question whatsoever the vendor screwed up and should have made you whole.