Forums Latest Members
  1. nima0071 Jan 10, 2015

Hey guys. I have been thinking about AP latley, Royal Oak 15400 blue dial. I have never owned an AP before and was wondering if anyone here owns this piece and what are some feedback. I have a decent collection of some omega and Rolex and as I am getting older now (32) my taste in watches are changing as well. I also love the Patek world time in white metal. But what are some thoughts here. I will post a photo of my collection let me know if you would sale any of them to put towards the AP??

image.jpg
    lexusislee likes this.
  2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jan 10, 2015

Mate I'd be looking harder at the 15202 as its "the" quintessential Royal Oak in the same way that the Moonwatch in "the" quintessential Speedmaster.

The 15400 looks a little strange as its a small movement in a big case, which is why the date looks a bit too far inward towards the center of the dial and the movement through the displayback looks abnormally small compared to the size of the caseback.

NT931 likes this.
  3. ulackfocus Jan 10, 2015

Own a couple vintage AP's myself and my advice is to do it. :thumbsup:

Have a buddy in Florida who has a YG Patek World Timer 5110. Whenever we GTG he lets me wear it and I (used to) let him wear my VC. That watch feels like it was designed for me. Luckily they use that same case on a few Calatrava models, which I plan on owning one day.

Sell the Rolex on the top right (ceramic bezel?) and one of the Speedmasters.

ps - I wish I could go back in time 16 years and be 32 again. Oh, to have a chest BIGGER than my waistline again! :p

Edited Jan 10, 2015
  4. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jan 10, 2015

I've had a couple of Royal Oaks...

Beautiful watches & movement, but for me, too hard to live with. The bezel is a scratch magnet, as is the bracelet.

If I add an AP, it definitely won't be a RO.

YMMV.;)

5. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jan 10, 2015

You know you still can have it, right? ;)

6. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Jan 10, 2015

[QUOTE="Darlinboy, post: 220643, member: 5382" The bezel is a scratch magnet, as is the bracelet. [/QUOTE]

I had a vintage RO and agree that it is a scratch magnet. So it should not be a daily wearer unless you don't mind to have expensive (new) watch with a lot of scratches. I knew I would be miserable.

7. datniche27 Jan 26, 2015

I would consider the 15300 instead, the proportions are much better and closer to the original as well.

8. Superdoc Jan 26, 2015

There's more than a few redundant models in that collection...
    I wish I could help...
    I Keep thinking that I need an AP to be a proper watch snob , but they just do nothing for me...

I Would look more seriously at the PP...
    Your collection needs something you can wear with a tux/suit/ French cuff