Forums Latest Members
  1. smithrjd May 24, 2012

I have been wanting a GMT watch for awhile, thought about selling or trading my "Soccer Timer" but decided agaisnt that idea. So I bought a Zodiac Aerospace GMT. As our daughter graduates and goes off to college in Aug the money is not really there for a Broad Arrow... yet... This one is an early one. very much original except for no band. (which are about impossible to find for Zodiacs) The pictures for some reason make the hands look black when in fact they are silver. Still learning the camera.. DSCF0620 (1024x768).jpg DSCF0625 (1024x768).jpg

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 24, 2012

Have you ever tried a NATO strap? This one would be a good candidate

3. ulackfocus May 24, 2012

Nice looking watch. Reminds me of the silver dialed Accutron Astronauts of the 60's.

astro3-7-09.jpg

4. smithrjd May 24, 2012

Most likely will get a Hadley Roma, I prefer the SS bands. One can find Zodiac bands, but never with the end pieces. It needs a service, but is running. More research on the bezel, I have seen many different versions. This is the early metal one however. Not all had the black paint on top, one of those little details..
    This one is an actual17 jewel Swiss watch from a known maker LOL.

5. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member May 24, 2012

Always helps when the bearings are jeweled and not lubricated by hopes and ambitions.

Trev likes this.
  6. smithrjd May 24, 2012

I have been wearing the yellow/black checkerboard Sea Wolf for the week. Still right on time. Not sure why I like Zodiacs, maybe it was because most everyone had one back when I was 17 in Southwest Asia. I do like the smaller size. Will post a picture of my traveling watch soon. You from outside the US would know the brand. Quite new to the US but has a rather long history outside of the US.