Forums Latest Members
  1. ulackfocus Sep 7, 2011

Like the kid says: INCOMING!

[​IMG]

Got a text from Windy that she wanted to open the box - which means I got a package. I bet she tried to open her younger brother's and sister's Christmas gifts too. Luckily it remained intact so I could have the fun!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Better than described....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

.... and skinnier than a runway model.

[​IMG]

Of course I made an immediate switch from the Breitling to the n00b!

[​IMG]

Got something even better up my sleeve, but it's not a sure thing. Have to get my pith helmet ready for the last minute of that auction. :p

[​IMG]

ralpher and Steve like this.
  2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 7, 2011

I'll admit, slightly more class than the ROO ;)

3. Steve Sep 8, 2011

AWWW.. when I saw the box I thought there'd be a MB&F Flying Panda in there.. damn, maybe next time. :D.

4. ulackfocus Sep 8, 2011

Yeah.... maybe not. :p

Some more pics taken this morning with slightly better light:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ralpher and Steve like this.
  5. Steve Sep 8, 2011

Nice looking watch Dennis, love the 'wave' . Shame to cover it up with a back case ! :thumbsup:

6. ulackfocus Sep 8, 2011

I know. Wonder if a custom display back could be done? Probably cost a mint though.

7. Steve Sep 8, 2011

Well I must admit a display back would look awesome !. What year year is the watch Dennis ?

8. ulackfocus Sep 8, 2011

The serial number puts it in the very late 60's or maybe 1970 at the latest.

Funny thing - this morning I got crushed by somebody who really wanted a JLC. It went for a nice price, but more than I had on hand and I'm not dipping into money that's earmarked for household expenses. But for every opportunity that passes you by another comes along.

9. Steve Sep 8, 2011

True. Great watch, you must be happy with it, Well done. I cant wait to get back into buying mode.

10. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 8, 2011

They are a very beautiful and elegant thing AP dress watches. What is the power reserve like on a piece like that, are they still in the ordinary 40-50 hours range or are they more in the order of those several day manual wind movements?

Sad to see the JLC go, but if I'm honest it was a bit too red for you :)