Forums Latest Members
  1. dialstatic Feb 28, 2016

If I don't take my watch off at night, I can't sleep. It must be a psychological thing, because I nod off at work wearing one all the time ;)

Edited Feb 28, 2016
    Mad Dog likes this.
  2. tyrantlizardrex Feb 28, 2016

Haha... Not so far... Ms Lizard would cast comment.

Mad Dog likes this.
  3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 28, 2016

Since I tend to wake up quite a lot through the night (arthritis) I like to know what time it is, so I do wear a watch, and one that can be easily read all night with a quick charge under a lamp...

[​IMG]

Cheers, Al

arkstfan, Mad Dog, cicindela and 5 others like this.
  4. ahartfie The black sheep in the Spee-ee-eee-eedmaster flock Feb 28, 2016

I don't wear a watch to bed. Even though all my watches are loose enough to have some movement around my wrist, I would feel constricted I think. None of them have working lume so it's not like I could read them anyway. Hell, without my glasses, I can't even see the clock on my clock radio 2 feet from my face, let alone my phone in its dock. And my glasses are out of reach on top of my bureau on the other side of the room.

Dialstatic, have you had a sleep study? Falling asleep at work is not good. I did that before I got a CPAP in 2009.

Mad Dog likes this.
  5. ulackfocus Feb 28, 2016

The only time I'd wear a watch to bed was during a timing experiment. Now I rarely wear one during the day. :(

Pain in the extremities wakes you up too, eh? Sucks getting old. :coffee:

6. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Feb 28, 2016

Popular opinion seems to hold the alternative is even worse...

7. 250scr Feb 28, 2016

I'm always afraid I might bash it up againt the headboard and have nicks and scratches on it that I didn't have 7 hours ago.

Mad Dog likes this.
  8. ulackfocus Feb 28, 2016

The watch or the headboard?

Mad Dog and 250scr like this.
  9. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Feb 29, 2016

Very big misconception that it's an old person's disease - for example I was diagnosed at 21 years old (so a long time ago). There are over 100 different types of arthritis...mine isn't the "my knee hurts when it rains from that old football injury" type. It's a little more involved than that. :)

Cheers, Al

10. uvalaw2005 Feb 29, 2016

I used to wear a watch to bed, back before I became addicted to this hobby, and now my wife gives me a funny look if I forget to take it off. She seems to think it odd to wear a watch to bed. So now it's the last thing I take off at night and the first thing I put back on in the morning.

Mad Dog likes this.
  11. destroid Feb 29, 2016

Nah - the 8 hours off the wrist helps average out the daily rate.
    My Speedmaster is +- 1 sec/day with this routine...

Mad Dog likes this.
  12. KstateSkier Feb 29, 2016

I take mine off, not because I necessarily worry about hitting it on something or needing it. I merely am in the habit of taking off my timepieces when I get home for the day so when I play with my dogs or cook I limit the chances of scratching/dinging them up.

Mad Dog likes this.
  13. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Feb 29, 2016

On the nightable when I'm traveling -- can't beat this one for the lume. Discrete but effective. Just realized I don't have a lume shot! Just the hands glow.

[​IMG]

arkstfan likes this.
  14. arkstfan Feb 29, 2016

I am Mr. Comfort.
    I no longer bother wearing a suit when I'm stuck in the office (jeans and either a polo style shirt or a button down), on the bench I wear dress shirt and tie and khakis under the robe usually with casual loafers rather than dress shoes in part because I don't want to buy another suit and at home I'm in pajama pants and t-shirt.
    I'm 50, likely in the last job I'll ever hold so I don't worry much about what others think of what I wear.

Watch tends to come off when I get home unless I'm cooking that night. I don't trust the digital clocks in the stove and microwave. :) but being able to yell "Hey Siri" to set timers I don't use a watch as much cooking.

Downside is I'm going to a fundraiser Thursday night and have about 24 hours to prove to my wife I have suitable attire or I have to go shopping. Like Roseanne Cash cares whether I dress up.

ahartfie and Illiknight like this.
  15. Perseus Feb 29, 2016

I take my watch off at night. I think it's more comfortable. I have a clock next to my bed and that's good enough at night time.

16. Canuck Feb 29, 2016

I usually wear a watch to bed, the only exception being when my wife asks me to take it off! She who must be obeyed!:D

17. alford78 Feb 29, 2016

Always wear it when sleeping. I do change strap watches to bracelet watches when get home if cooking, swimming, etc but then generally keep that one on until feel like swapping again.

18. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Feb 29, 2016

No watches in bed here. While I love the feel of a watch on a strap all day and don't feel properly dressed without it, I don't like the feel of wearing one in bed. I try not to look at the time during the night unless I need some pain medications for those age-related pains.

arkstfan likes this.
  19. arkstfan Feb 29, 2016

Think you put your finger on it for many of us. The watch is part of the ritual of dressing so makes sense to take it off for bed or the evening.