Forums Latest Auctions Members

FS Beautiful vintage Universal Geneve Tank (square) watch

1. bimbim1207

bimbim1207 Mar 29, 2020

Hi all,

Up for sale is my one of the small pieces I need to clear from my collection, the rare vintage Universal Geneve Tank square watch with a nice sunburst dial, reference 235105-4. Here’s the details:

1. Case: 30x30mm stainless steel square case, wears large as it is a square piece, comparable to a 34-35mm rounded case. 19mm lug width. Case is in great shape, very sharp, looks like has not been polished before, normal wear with fine scratches throughout the case, the lugs are beautifully design and still retain its sharpness. Case back is in great shape, has provenance markings, very interesting, I suspect this watch is made during the 60s.

2. Dial & hands: all original, it has a beautiful sunburst dial in excellent condition. There’s a lot of details on the dial: applied two-tone markers, applied U logo, beautifully aged tritium lume spots, beautifully shaped hands. No lume loss on dial and hands and hands are all original.

3. Movement: super-microtor movement, high-grade, 28-jewel, serviced in 2018. Watch runs strong and keep good time. Accuracy is unknown as I actually rarely wear this watch. Movement is strong, a few shakes keep it running immediately. I don’t know how to open this watch so I can’t take a photo of the movement, I can get it to a watchmaker to do it for me if requested. Photo below is of an online source, not of the actual watch.

4. Crown: original signed crown, wind & set time nicely.

5. Glass: unknown originality but seems to be original, small nick at 7 o’clock. It looks nice. Probably plastic.

6. Strap: not included. Price is for head only.

7. I’m asking US$ 650 net to me including shipping, excluding Paypal fees. Bank transfer to my local Singapore bank account is a preferred option, buyer to cover bank fees.

Other info and condition of sale

1. Reason for sale is to thin my collection. There is nothing wrong with the watch.

2. Item will be shipped worldwide via Fedex/DHL Express Worldwide, insured and shipping charge is covered by me. All import taxes are at buyer's responsibility.

3. I've done many deals on OmegaForums successfully, plus many others on Instagram & Chronotraders. Reference on request.

4. I’m not open to trade at the moment.

Thank you for reading the long post. Many thanks to OF for the free space.

Here are the images:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Edited by a mod Jun 15, 2020
    qboa, klugt1990, jerryct and 9 others like this.
  2. bimbim1207

bimbim1207 Jun 9, 2020

BUMP!

3. bimbim1207

bimbim1207 Jul 1, 2020 3:31am

BUMP! $600 to move this!