Forums Latest Members

Beautiful Vintage Omega Seamaster DeVille (1967) - Real or franken watch?

1. woobione Jul 4, 2019

Hi amazing enthusiasts,

I've found a beautiful watch in a reputable antique watch dealer in Budapest. It's a Seamaster DeVille from 1967 with a Cal 601 movement and I've held it and fallen in love with it. However, after 2 days of vacuuming the internet, I still can't find any records of any watch that looks exactly like it. I'm not experienced enough with Omegas to be 100% sure but to me it seems like a franken watch or atleast a redial. Nevertheless, I really like it. But I thought I'd post it here and if anyone could tell me if it has any clear tell tale signs of being a franken or even a fake I'd very much appreciate it.

About the watch (according to seller):
    Just serviced, cal. 601 mov, structure serial: 25077674, ref.nr: 135 010.

Posting pictures below (the only I don't have is of the crown).[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. byunjoe Jul 5, 2019

The exposure in the images is too high so some details may have been lost. I'm no expert on 60s Omegas but it looks ok - the Omega typeface does seem a bit fishy but I cannot be sure, sorry.

3. Rochete Jul 5, 2019

It sort of looks OK but pics are so bad (overfiltered) that it's impossible to say anything meaningful.

DaveK likes this.
  4. Edward53 Jul 6, 2019

The pictures are poor but it looks genuine to me. The hour indices have onyx inserts, a feature of better-quality dials. I can see the Omega symbol on the crown but I don't know whether it is the correct one for that model. @woobione if you haven't done it already, you need to do an image search for manual SM De Villes and compare what you find with these photos.

5. woobione Jul 6, 2019

Thank everyone for answering! I did already search a lot for different models but never quite found anything matching all the details - hence my question of a franken watch. Anyway - it was unfortunately sold to someone else when I got your answers so missed it.

But thanks all for your help :)