Forums Latest Members

SOLD Beautiful Vintage LONGINES Conquest – 1950s

1. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Mar 20, 2019

I am letting go of one of my favorite vintage Longines, a classic Conquest model from the 1950s. As many collectors know, the Conquest was the top automatic in Longines model line of the period, and was a direct competitor of Omega's Constellation.

These were statement watches, employing very high-quality components throughout, including white gold applied markers. This particular example has been in my collection for many years, and it is time for someone else to enjoy it. I would characterize it as being in excellent overall condition. The dial is a beauty, and one of the nicest of the silver two-tone versions that I have seen. There is some subtle, evenly spread patina in the form of "freckles", which in my view does not degrade the beauty of the dial. Under magnification some slight corrosion can be seen on the hands, which is typical of watches of this age.

The 35mm case shows very well, though I believe that it was given a light polish at some stage. The chamfers on the lugs are still discernible, and I believe that the case back retains its original finish. The iconic fish on the back also retains some of the original green enamel. There are a few very small, insignificant scratches on the outer rim of the case back.

The cal. 19AS movement is working well, though I do not recall the last date of service, and would recommend one for regular wear.

The bracelet is a nice bonus, as it came on the watch when I bought it and suits to very well. It is an uncommon version, signed, and I frankly do not know if these were originally offered with Conquests during that period. If it is a later bracelet, it is still a pleasure to wear, and doesn't appear to be at all incongruous. It should fit up to a medium-sized wrist, though probably not a large one.

These early vintage Conquests are far less common than Omega Constellations, and in my view compare very favorably. They are difficult to find in this condition, and one would probably have to be patient to find another.

I ask €1250 (or USD equivalent), and will ship EMS (express) for free at that price. The watch will be shipped from Lisbon, Portugal, where I live, so EU-based members will not have to worry about Customs duties. Payment by bank wire in USD or EUR, or Paypal can be discussed.

Feel free to ask any questions!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Mar 20, 2019

Get thee behind me satan :D

Beautiful :thumbsup:

3. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Mar 20, 2019

OHPF!

khmt2, JohnSteed, aap and 2 others like this.
  4. Dan S Mar 20, 2019

Ooooh ... that was a nice one. Gone in a flash.

5. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Mar 21, 2019

Sold! Thanks to a new member from Sweden, and the forum.