Forums Latest Members

Beautiful Omega Watch Co Tissot Monopusher Chronograph

1. Mlevin Feb 24, 2016

$_3 (1).JPG View attachment 205320 Hi guys,

New to the forum. Like ten minutes new. But this forum seems great. Been reading a lot of articles on it and the amount of passion and fantastic writing is super impressive.

I've been collecting watches for a while but tend towards collecting vintage Rolex, though I have a beautiful tropical speedy which I wear with love.

I purchased a beautiful Omega watch on eBay a couple months ago and have been searching for more info about it for a while. I think there must be a great story here but am not sure what it is.

So far what I've found was
    - probably a medical compax watch made for the Latin American market
    - looks all original
    - was retailed as a tissot watch and was during a transitional period where the companies sold watches with both companies in the dial.

Would love some more information on this. Very curious about it, but love the beauty and history of it.

$_3 (3).JPG $_3 (2).JPG $_3 (4).JPG 20160224_150716.jpg
    Redondo444, durri70 and izydor like this.
  2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 24, 2016

Nice looking watch, but not a medical compax, Telemetre scale is for measuring distance using sound, the inner scale is a normal tachymeter for distance vs time. I would assume that a medical would have a pulsations scale. I believe that this is a military dial, although the gold is interesting.

Also I am pretty sure this is not a monopusher, the crown is or contains the 2nd button.

Looks like a Tissot 6579 movement that is Omega branded so a 33,3 CHRO movement? So 1933 early 40's.

I do not know near enough to tell you anything else. The hands look to be in suspiciously good condition.

Edited Feb 24, 2016
  3. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Feb 24, 2016

Agree about the hands. No way was the gold content high enough to keep the originals so well preserved. Must be replacements. Not sure about the crown, either...

4. Mlevin Feb 24, 2016

Ah right, should have wrote a single pusher chronograph.

Nice to know its not a medical compax but what is the base 60 scale?

5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Feb 24, 2016

Its a tachymeter. Its actually a base 1000 the 60 is the last marking on the outer scale it matches with the 120 at the 6 o clock. It is not the first marking on the outerscale. Basically you would start the chrono and after it sweeps past the 60 you move to the middle scale, then after you pass 30 you use the inner scale and it would stop at 20.

Easiest way to explain how it works, is that you would start the chrono after you pass a mile marker on the road, and stop it at the next mile marker, and it would tell you how fast you where going.

The outer Telemetre scale was used in artillery. You would start the timer when you saw the explosion, then stop it when you hear it, and it would tell you the range. Yours is marked in KM, today AFAIK the only use is for thunder and lightening.

Edited Feb 24, 2016
  6. Mlevin Feb 24, 2016

So this seems to be a military watch. The size seems quite big for a watch from the 30s at 37.5mm.

So hard to find more information. Most of what I find is similar watches using the 33.3 movement but being smaller or having less on the dial.

Interesting about the hands. They do seem to be in great condition. The crown seems also in good condition.

Think these are replacements or perhaps the watch wasn't worn much? The movement is very clean.

7. brunomoreno Mar 31, 2019

Hey there, is this watch solid gold or plated? I just bought one that is exactly the same and am finding it difficult to find information.

8. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 31, 2019

Start a new thread with pictures of the watch and we can tell you.

brunomoreno likes this.