Forums Latest Members
  1. steelcharlie99 Dec 29, 2015

So I got this no.12 / 7-across BOR bracelet for the Constellation (cal.551/168.005) since the leather was just too small for me and I sorta like bracelets better anyway. I have no way to tell how old it is in absolute terms but it is obviously used but is slightly different than the 5-across made in USA that is on another piece. I'm slightly bothered by the "no.12" stamp being upside down in relation to the Omega and stainless steel stamps but I have no way to relate that to anything. The thing is in OK condition, apparently having had a less than enlightened owner at some point, but serviceable and no grungier than the old watch anyway. But - it came with two different end pieces. One is marked 70 and the other 570. They both fit the bracelet OK and both seem to fit the case as well, with the 70 looking slightly happier. So do the numbers represent different sizes or just different ages?

Since the pieces are functionally OK I don't really have an issue with them, but if anyone has one or the other and would care to swap for one or the other I'd be interested to hear.

TIA for any info
    Charlie