Forums Latest Members
  1. WatchmakerTheory Jul 25, 2016

I recently bought another Seamaster, this one with the original beads of rice bracelet. I love the watch, but I'm having trouble getting it to fit.

My wrists are just over 6''. The bracelet could probably accommodate a ~7.5 inch wrist right now. However, I can only take out a few links, which would still leave the bracelet too big. Any advice?

Thanks!

20160725_221141.jpg
    billyblue likes this.
  2. TNTwatch Jul 25, 2016

You did not show the back half of the bracelet, but you can take one link off the front half and move the back's spring bar attachment to the clasp cover toward the front. This would shorten it probably over an inch already. How many links can you remove from the back half?

WatchmakerTheory likes this.
  3. WatchmakerTheory Jul 25, 2016

I can remove two links from the other side. I had completely forgotten about moving the spring bar on the clasp...

Thanks for the quick answer; sorry for the noob question!

4. TNTwatch Jul 25, 2016

Let us know how it goes. There's a more drastic solution, but fairly easy with this bracelet if it still doesn't fit. Good luck and enjoy a nice Genta designed Seamaster.

WatchmakerTheory and JohnSteed like this.
  5. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Jul 25, 2016

If it's still too big, use a fine sharp screwdriver to open the links from the back of the bracelet (marked red) remove the first and second set of links from the end of the bracelet and use the links marked blue to join to the end caps.

BOR_Links.jpg

6. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Jul 25, 2016

I have the same problem with BOR and skinny wrists
    First make sure the clasp is fully adjusted to its minimum position
    You have to take links equally off each side so the clasp remains central
    The biggest problem is that when the bracelet is fully reduced the clasp section is too big for the underside of a skinny wrist
    I've stopped wearing my Connie with the BOR - it's now a safe-queen :(

WatchmakerTheory likes this.
  7. WatchmakerTheory Jul 26, 2016

If I adjust the clasp, do I have to remove bracelet links to compensate? I think the bracelet is ~7.75'' right now... will I be able to get it to fit on my 6.25'' wrist?

8. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jul 26, 2016

You could have tried this in the time it took to write the post. If you move the spring bar in the clasp (takes all of 15 seconds maybe), and the clasp is not longer centered to an acceptable tolerance, then links need to be moved to center it again.

felsby and WatchmakerTheory like this.