Forums Latest Members
  1. emilio Jun 4, 2015

After buying a Omega 165.014 from a trusted member here I really got the hang of straight lug Omega's. My 165.014 did not have a bracelet attached to it so that is why I was really enthusiastic when I saw this specific example on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/171636937009?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Having watched it for a week the auction finally ended and my offer was the highest. I had already asked the seller why it has been for sale before but he did not respond. That was also why I was a bit scared when I won the auction also because I had never ordered something so expensive from the other side of the world.

When it arrived I was very disappointed and I immediately knew why the watch has been sold for the second time considering the condition.

The dial was completely ruined and the Crystal also had a kind of cigarette burning mark in it. The 7912 bracelet with #6 endlinks was very short and had fake links attached to it.

When I emailed the seller at first he said he had mentioned this all but finally he accepted a return. Which in my opinion was a fine solution. However after a few months he did try to sell it again on ebay with the same photoshopped pictures. It has been sold but the buyer has probably returned it since it is again for sale with the photoshopped pictures:

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/391154672603?clk_rvr_id=842098252786Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

So please be aware! Although the seller has a 100% rating and is mentioned on this forum as a great seller I would definitely not recommend him.

Dial.JPG Bracelet1.JPG bracelet2.JPG Burning_mark.jpg
    TNTwatch likes this.
  2. Concorde Jun 4, 2015

I don't know why this is not surprise me.

3. faid2black Jun 4, 2015

Wow, I too always thought he was a trustworthy seller but this clearly changes my thoughts on him. He is clearly hiding the true condition of that dial in his photos. Thank you for sharing

wsfarrell likes this.
  4. cristos71 Jun 4, 2015

The condition of that watch and bracelet is truly shocking, really a dog with no redeeming features. It would never be guessed at based on the sellers pictures and description and I think it is also being shilled each time it re-appears on Ebay. Do we not have a non-recommended sellers list?

165.014 trashed.JPG

5. Lulu Bear Jun 4, 2015

Thanks for the heads-up. Incredible that he's got a 100% rating.

6. Interstellar Jun 4, 2015

Thanks for sharing this

7. wsfarrell Jun 4, 2015

Crap. I was following this seller because he's had some nice stuff up in the past.

That's clearly the same dial in the photos above and in his listing (see the blistering around "3"), so he's a master at either (a) photoshop or (b) photograpic lighting.

8. Concorde Jun 4, 2015

I have always said but you don't believe me ::rant:

9. MSNWatch Vintage Omega Aficionado Staff Member Jun 4, 2015

I have also posted here before that I had to return a 105.002 to this seller due to problems apparent only upon close personal inspection of the watch.

10. faid2black Jun 4, 2015

Sheesh, just sold for $3400. I suspect somebody will be a bit disappointed

11. charleshunter Jun 4, 2015

Not to do a commercial but as I have been reading recently, paypal will protect buyers, not necessarily sellers. As you all know in the auction world (as in much of life): Caveat Emptor